• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 28-29 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Obs/Discussion

mappy

Echos popping in SEVA/NENC. Just over the last 20 minutes. I have a heavy rain shower right now which was preceded by nothing. That might get the South Side toward Richmond going a little bit and enhance places further west/north. Short-term mesos are having a hard time keeping up with the challenging setup. Sure the expected areas are going to get what they're supposed to but there may be a wrinkle or two somewhere in this subforum. 38/31. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, high risk said:

H5 looks super, but several models show a bit of a strung-out mess at the surface.     The New England forum is freaking out.

I can only imagine. I think it may bust big time in Boston proper. Seen this saw and dance before. One model camp shows 6” and another showing 30”. Rarely ends with the latter for them.  These setups can go very wrong, very quickly for BOS, while the hamptons over to cape cod still cash in. December 2000 comes to mind here. Miller B transfer situation. Widespread 10-20+ with 30” lollies all around NYC (NNJ, NYC, Western LI, extreme W CT) while Boston, RI and coastal SNE saw 4-6”. Still think where I am in coastal NJ should do ok

Just now, osfan24 said:

Still just a light snow shower here, but it's been going on for a couple hours so I've managed a light dusting and even seeing the colder spots on the sidewalk and driveway cave now that the sun is down and the temperature has dropped. Looks like this is all I'm getting. That nice band in Southern MD is killing us.

Have a great Friday night and enjoy the light wintery scenes. Stop sweating the things that we can’t control. Whatever!  It will one day snow again heavily in HoCo. I’ll put money on it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IronTy said:

No I'm not going to waste my time trying to host images.   It used to be that you could post pics at least 1MB in size.  Not sure if the server changed this afternoon or if for some reason me personally had my picture size reduced to 172K.  If the former then that sucks for the future of the board.  If the latter then I'm going to bite my tongue.   

Lol, chilllll man. My limit is 163 

4 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Still just a light snow shower here, but it's been going on for a couple hours so I've managed a light dusting and even seeing the colder spots on the sidewalk and driveway cave now that the sun is down and the temperature has dropped. Looks like this is all I'm getting. That nice band in Southern MD is killing us.

I’m up to 0.3” now…1” looks tough as is. Pixie dust flakes are killing us because they have sub 10:1 ratios while we’re also just getting less precip. At least this snow will stick around for a couple days!

1 minute ago, jayyy said:

I can only imagine. I think it may bust big time in Boston proper. Seen this saw and dance before. One model camp shows 6” and another showing 30”. Rarely ends with the latter for them.  These setups can go very wrong, very quickly for BOS, while the hamptons over to cape cod still cash in. December 2000 comes to mind here. Miller B transfer situation. Widespread 10-20+ with 30” lollies all around NYC (NNJ, NYC, Western LI, extreme W CT) while Boston, RI and coastal SNE saw 4-6”

I lean towards lower totals in the jackpot zone too, but as some of the cooler heads (or major weenies) have noted in that discussion, there was a storm in 2015 (I think) where the models kept the huge snows out of southeast New England despite an amazing look at h5, and they ended up getting crushed.

4 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I’m up to 0.3” now…1” looks tough as is. Pixie dust flakes are killing us because they have sub 10:1 ratios while we’re also just getting less precip. At least this snow will stick around for a couple days!

Why are we stuck with pixie dust flakes, it is the band to the south? Is there any chance that might change?

4 minutes ago, high risk said:

I lean towards lower totals in the jackpot zone too, but as some of the cooler heads (or major weenies) have noted in that discussion, there was a storm in 2015 (I think) where the models kept the huge snows out of southeast New England despite an amazing look at h5, and they ended up getting crushed.

I’d be clinging onto the same notion. They certainly have a 10x better shot than DC to BAL