• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-29 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Obs/Discussion

mappy

Shoveled for the instacart and Thai food deliveries. There was a noticeable amount of snow on the side walk in Haymarket. It probably wasn't quite an inch but impressive for a storm that I dismissed. 

The more interesting part is the very very thin layer of slush under it was frozen. 

It's def. not going to be a night to go outside and drive around I think.

It’s banter but an obs from this event, so it’s going here. Such a pleasure to meet peeps from the forum. Great to meet @DDweatherman, @3dcg, @Scuddz, and always a pleasure to hang out with one of the beer aficionados @Scraff. And thank you for the beers from the crypt! I can’t wait to try them.

Even with lame snow, just a great forum!

Thread related, 59, buzzed, 32 degrees and snowing in Pikesville.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Coastal starting to take over now. You can see the precip drying up off to the NW on radar. Wont be long until I cut off here as well. 

I don’t see that.  Edge has moved maybe 20 miles  east of 

Martinsburg in last 3 hours.  When that edge gets inside intersection of 270 and 70 then we got just like about 2 hours left

1 hour ago, diatae said:

SN, 31/31 La Plata after a 40 degree high today. I wasn't feeling well, so I took a nap around 3 and just woke up to this. Not sure when it started.

Screenshot_20220128-172511_Gallery.jpg

My Uncle lives in Port Tobacco. I just called to check on him and te didn’t even know it was snowing. He looked outside and there was ½” 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jayyy said:

Host the image 

No I'm not going to waste my time trying to host images.   It used to be that you could post pics at least 1MB in size.  Not sure if the server changed this afternoon or if for some reason me personally had my picture size reduced to 172K.  If the former then that sucks for the future of the board.  If the latter then I'm going to bite my tongue.   

7 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

I don’t see that.  Edge has moved maybe 20 miles  east of 

Martinsburg in last 3 hours.  When that edge gets inside intersection of 270 and 70 then we got just like about 2 hours left

I appreciate your positivity, but the radar is making it plain as day that the coastal is taking over and the precip will be shutting off from west to east soon.

It’s OK. This isn’t our storm. It’s OK to let it go.

Still just a light snow shower here, but it's been going on for a couple hours so I've managed a light dusting and even seeing the colder spots on the sidewalk and driveway cave now that the sun is down and the temperature has dropped. Looks like this is all I'm getting. That nice band in Southern MD is killing us.