Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 28-29 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Obs/Discussion

mappy

4 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Still nuffink in Burke.

I’m fearful we’re going to pitch a near shutout. The only time things started this slowly and recovered in a big way was Feb. 11-12, 2006. One inch of snow in daytime followed by long lull, thunder snow breaking out midnight, wake up to find a foot of snow on ground and tree down on driveway.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Jersey Andrew said:

I’m fearful we’re going to pitch a near shutout. The only time things started this slowly and recovered in a big way was Feb. 11-12, 2006. One inch of snow in daytime followed by long lull, thunder snow breaking out midnight, wake up to find a foot of snow on ground and tree down on driveway.

Good thing this storm is almost nothing like that one for your area!

Not a drinker but we got a few oyster nuts here so we can work toward that for next one.  Got Old Ebbits in DC or Shuckin Shak in Frederick or Harris on Kent Island so between those and other places you slurpers may know if we could centralize it. First dozen for group on me! R**dy knows I deliver on my freebie food pledges!!

14 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Having to remind myself this is just bonus -- HRRR, which ain't doing great right now I'll admit, still gets us to 2.5" (seems extreme) but the best stuff isn't progged till like 7-8... that's what I'm telling myself at least

Has been snowing steady for about a hour Waynesboro...still upper 30s only sticking onto the old snow and ice...alot of snow and ice still left over from the last storm.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GATECH said:

Extreme SE Fairfax county death band setting up…can only pray.  42 but with light snow….How long til the roads cave?

61101809-9E2E-4E97-BDE1-3C2858057060.jpeg

Just spent the past hour running errands between your neck of the woods, over to Rose Hill/Franconia area, and back home to Hayfield/Belvoir area. Despite what radar's selling, I ain't buying....didn't see one flake, but it's encouraging that you and @H2O did. Currently 41/24.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Just spent the past hour running errands between your neck of the woods, over to Rose Hill/Franconia area, and back home to Hayfield/Belvoir area. Despite what radar's selling, I ain't buying....didn't see one flake, but it's encouraging that you and @H2O did. Currently 41/24.

You have to squint really hard, plus do a couple shots of vodka…then you see them!

• Haha 1