• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 28-29 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Obs/Discussion

mappy

I've kept my expectations fairly low on this one and honestly haven't really given any attention to up north, good for them. But at this point even my low expectations have diminished. I'm revising my final call from 2.8" down to a dusting after some rain. Good luck to the east!!

Blizzard Warning for Southern Delaware

Start

End

Friday, January 28, 7:00 PM EST

Saturday, January 29, 7:00 PM EST

Source: U.S. National Weather Service

...BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 PM EST SATURDAY... *

WHAT...Blizzard conditions expected. Total snow accumulations of 8 to 13 inches. Winds gusting as high as 50 mph.

* WHERE...Inland Sussex. * WHEN...From 7 PM this evening to 7 PM EST Saturday. *

IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. Areas of blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snow is expected to begin on Friday evening, with snow becoming heavy after midnight. The most likely time for blizzard conditions is late Friday night through midday Saturday. Blizzard conditions are primarily expected at or within a few miles from the Delaware Bay. Snow will wind down Saturday afternoon.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Travel should be restricted to emergencies only. If you must travel, have a winter survival kit with you. If you get stranded, stay with your vehicle. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.

Damn, I had just checked right before you posted this and it was just a wsw.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

Just now, MN Transplant said:

College of Dupage has also added the 06/18z Euro!  We are going to see a lot of the sites upgrade their Euro offerings with the news this week that ECMWF has opened up a bunch of their data for free.

Weatherbell is going to have to up their game if they want to keep charging $25/mo

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

Weatherbell is going to have to up their game if they want to keep charging $25/mo

I think there is still timing issues.  Some of the data is coming later for free, but still, it does take a bite out of the full pay sites or the "upgrade" sites (Pivotal, Windy, Weather.us, etc.).

9 minutes ago, twim19 said:

Two more Maryland counties under Blizzard warning.  Wicomico and Somerset have been added to Worcester.

Ive been texting my brother-in-law who lives in just over the Fruitland/Salisbury line. The jealousy is real. ENJOY IT! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

I think there is still timing issues.  Some of the data is coming later for free, but still, it does take a bite out of the full pay sites or the "upgrade" sites (Pivotal, Windy, Weather.us, etc.).

I don't care if i see 33 and rain 5 min earlier or later.  Free is free and its ok if it isn't hot off the presses

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Look how calm the inlet in OC is right now. Come back and check it in 24 hours. :)

SnapShot-20220128_102537.thumb.jpg.c62f32b3bf3fe201748319aade11908f.jpg

Headed to North OC this afternoon. Looking for my first beach snow storm. Look forward to taking some awesome pics. Little worried about power outages though form the gusts. The stove in the hotel room is electric. So, bringing some bread and lunch meat. 

• Like 7