• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 28th-29th Clippers/NW Flow Obs/Last Minute Forecasts.

John1122

23 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

Snow hates me

19e7e2471b095ac3ad289cbdb19f11f0.png
c4e4241488f571477821aa529cd934c1.png

That stinks. I dodged them for a long time too but finally cashed in. Future radar shows you getting some action soon and another wave rolls off the Plateau your way from 12 to 1 on it. I was skeptical of it earlier but the snow moved in when it showed and it's been pretty solid depicting what's happened. 

• Like 1

It's gotten breezy here with steady snow still coming down for the past 2-3 hours without radar visibility. Really interested to see how much the Mayland/Pleasant Hill areas end up with when all is said and done since they already had 2-3" by sunset. Can definitely tell how windy it is with the snow drifts on the front porch. Temp is 17 and feels like 2.

271818052_353922976732935_34198634196571

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, John1122 said:

It's crazy how hard it's snowing right now. It reminds me of the blizzard of 1993. Flakes are dime to nickel sized but there's so many of them it's like being in a heavy fog outside. Plus the wind is probably 20-25mph at times. I assume I'm in a squall. 

I definitely remember the squall from earlier looking like a dense fog, and maybe some graupel mixed in too, it was noisy. Roads were gone quick, maybe 10mins in that squall at 28-29F

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RawCrabMeat said:

And those look fat too. Your ratios have to be great too

They were mostly nickel sized with some quarter sized flakes. It's so cold the flakes don't get huge, they just fall thickly. It's slowed down some now but man, that was a ride. The HRRR runs that popped 3 inches over me is going to be close. Maybe a bit too light. 

• Like 1

Just now, John1122 said:

They were mostly nickel sized with some quarter sized flakes. It's so cold the flakes don't get huge, they just fall thickly. It's slowed down some now but man, that was a ride. The HRRR runs that popped 3 inches over me is going to be close. Maybe a bit too light. 

Didn't get video,but this was probably the peak here a few hours ago, lasted 30-45mins. May have been graupel mixed in but mostly snow, dense tiny flakes, low low low visibility

https://i.ibb.co/3MBBQnR/IMG-6035.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RawCrabMeat said:

Didn't get video,but this was probably the peak here a few hours ago, lasted 30-45mins. May have been graupel mixed in but mostly snow, dense tiny flakes, low low low visibility

https://i.ibb.co/3MBBQnR/IMG-6035.jpg

I'd think you were all snow. Too cold in the upper levels for graupel, which is a partially melted flake. Looks like it was ripping there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John1122 said:

I'd think you were all snow. Too cold in the upper levels for graupel, which is a partially melted flake. Looks like it was ripping there. 

Yeah, very intense for a 10-20mins roughly, the type of rates that would bury a car in just 6hrs maintained

it ended just as quick as it began, though, but all in all great storm

• Like 2

Did I mention that it's windy! Super cold. Drifts in the yard around 1ft. Not sure how much actual snow since it's just blown everywhere. Probably 3-4" actual and it's super dry and powdery so will melt fast I'm sure. Assuming Mayland kept snowing like we did, I wouldn't be surprised if @Wintersnow888 and areas there have 6". I'll probably try to drive over that way in the morning and get some pics with my actual camera. It may compact a lot tonight though.

No description available.

271905333_679948779852562_23198659332305

• Like 3

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic