• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 28th-29th Clippers/NW Flow Obs/Last Minute Forecasts.

John1122

Just thinking out loud…. With warm(er) air trapped in the valley, you would think NW flow with strong CAA would increase lapse rates and actually benefit the valley some. I’ve often wondered if that helped the mountains also. It’s so hard to figure out where downsloping stops and rising motion takes over in these situations.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Got high hopes that holds together for us all. 

Starting to come down pretty good here now so maybe it will. It was headed directly for us from Cookeville. It isn't as breezy here though. The camera in Cookeville is now coated so you can only see a corner of the screen and it looks pretty white!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shocker0 said:

Starting to come down pretty good here now so maybe it will. It was headed directly for us from Cookeville. It isn't as breezy here though. The camera in Cookeville is now coated so you can only see a corner of the screen and it looks pretty white!

I tried looking at some Nashville area cams but they are all blurry. At least the ones I could find. I found one from Carthage that was stuck at 43 minutes ago but it looked foggy/snowy on it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PowellVolz said:

There’s actually some “cell” markers showing up in and around Nashville on radar. Must be some instability helping out.

I also like how these cells should swing through after the lights go out. It's felt colder than the thermometer has read today, flags have been whipping

• Like 2

I know I was forecast for more than a dusting up this way but I was too cynical and underestimated it. After the initial virga and marginal temps things have really materialized in the past 2 hours with an inch of snow already accumulating and the median of the road whitening. Radar in general has improved leaps and bounds from 6 hours ago for the backend of this system.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

Downsloping doing its thing in the valley. Clouds are breaking and I just saw the sun for a second. emoji31.pngemoji31.pngemoji31.png

I truly think there are way more ways for the valley to lose out on snow than Butch Jones/Derek Dooley could lose football games in 100 years

expecting good snow here is like expecting a win when you start JG

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic