• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28th/29th Event Obs - From KU to FU?

JTA66

6 minutes ago, RedSky said:

It just takes one struck of fortune January here just shy of 12" made it above normal, that's all I wanted to do it wasn't ez 

I didn’t have big expectations heading into this winter. My hope was maybe we could nickel & dime our way to average snowfall. Seems doable.

1 minute ago, JTA66 said:

I didn’t have big expectations heading into this winter. My hope was maybe we could nickel & dime our way to average snowfall. Seems doable.

February is doable to at least hit average. I'm over the epic look of 3 weeks ago not producing a MECS/HECS or big numbers I passed average and it was colder than normal could have done worse in a La Nina. 

3 hours ago, JTA66 said:

Haven’t been out to measure yet, but looks 5-ish” from the house. Temp down to 17F, pure powdered sugar blowing around out there.

Any word on MacChump and if his non-shovel-touching streak is in jeopardy?

Lol. Used the snowblower instead so technically the streak is alive but I guess that’s really against the spirit of the streak.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Haven't measured yet, looks like 4 or 4.5 or so for the coastal round, but what I want to say is, this is awesome! Heart of winter type stuff, and I'm loving it!

Agreed! Dry powder in peak climo is my favorite type of snow. If it snows in March, fine, whatever. But I don’t care much for that heavy, wet concrete.

Now get back to work on the snow pile!!:P

18 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Looks like we got one more weenie band to get through and that should do it. Think we should stay snowing through at least 1 pm. Guessing we added another .5” since my last post bringing us to 8.5”

I expect you wish you were under the band that Boston has been under for awhile now! :o:lol:

(EDIT finally got some snow reports on in the program so adding that screenshot)

Screenshot 2022-01-29 123244-BOSTON-01292022.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RU848789 said:

Well, we got some light to moderate snow the past 2 hours and we're now up to 6.25", which is a nice storm, but very likely will fall a bit short of my 8.25" prediction. Part of that is because the NWS predicted 14:1 ratios, so I kind of figured that in, but DonCat in Staten Island reported a 12:1 ratio - if it had been 14:1, I'd be at 7.3" now. No biggie, just interesting to observe. It's still snowing and the radar looks like we might have another hour or two with a shot at a heavier band as the storm pivots and starts heading ENE. For hours I've been watching heavy bands about 10-15 miles east of me falling apart as they move west, but maybe we'll still get one. Oh well, still a fun storm. 20F.

Took a much needed nap and did some shoveling and walking around and as of 12:00 pm, we have 7.25" here in Metuchen, which was very, very hard to measure with the windblown snow, so it was probably an average of at least 20 measurements around the yard (the snowboard measurement seemed a touch high to me at 7.6") which is close to my 8.25" prediction - wasn't sure we'd get that close a few hours ago, but the mostly light snow still delivered 1/3" per hour for the last 3 hours.  19F now.

Debating what to do with the 1/4" I got yesterday in the late morning - have seen some saying to include it - if so, I got 7.5".  I'm inclined to not include it, as it was from the front/clipper and we had many hours of no snow after that.  Don't think we'll get more than another 1/4", looking at the radar.  7.25" seems consistent with numbers I've seen reported near me in Middelsex County here and elsewhere, such as 8.5" in Carteret, 7" in P'way, 8" in Woodbridge, 8.5" in Staten Island, and 7.5" in New Brunswick.  Haven't seen any reports from Edison/Metuchen, though.  Anyone?

5 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Took a much needed nap and did some shoveling and walking around and as of 12:00 pm, we have 7.25" here in Metuchen, which was very, very hard to measure with the windblown snow, so it was probably an average of at least 20 measurements around the yard (the snowboard measurement seemed a touch high to me at 7.6") which is close to my 8.25" prediction - wasn't sure we'd get that close a few hours ago, but the mostly light snow still delivered 1/3" per hour for the last 3 hours.  19F now.

Debating what to do with the 1/4" I got yesterday in the late morning - have seen some saying to include it - if so, I got 7.5".  I'm inclined to not include it, as it was from the front/clipper and we had many hours of no snow after that.  Don't think we'll get more than another 1/4", looking at the radar.  7.25" seems consistent with numbers I've seen reported near me in Middelsex County here and elsewhere, such as 8.5" in Carteret, 7" in P'way, 8" in Woodbridge, 8.5" in Staten Island, and 7.5" in New Brunswick.  Haven't seen any reports from Edison/Metuchen, though.  Anyone?

I emailed NWS mt holly this morning asking this very question and they said to include it in the storm total. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Iceman said:

I’d trade 5 winters in a row of zero snow to be under that band :lol: 

I edited with a new screenshot that suddenly received all the snow reports.  There are some reporting 12" - 14" and others in the 5" - 6" range but those differences could be due to the timing of measurement and reporting.

Our final snow total in East Nantmeal Township was 5.8" -  with 3.0" falling since midnight. The January snow total is now 12.9" which is 2.9" above normal for January to date and means we will finish with above the normal January snowfall in Western Chesco of 10.5". We are at 79% of normal seasonal snowfall just 3.3" below our normal seasonal snowfall through today of 16.2".

Easy fluffy snow the blower worked like a champ this time!! finished product attached!

Driveway.20220129_124353550.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Looks like about 1.5" here. Annoyingly, it's just enough to warrant the snow shovel--I tried blowing it off the driveway with a leaf blower but it wouldn't shift the bulk of it.

Wicked cutoff on the fringes with this one that sucks. Seeing reports of just 3" 25 miles NW of NYC 

https://www.surfline.com/surf-report/9th-st-/5aff31a7f7fc66001bd15a34

9th st looking dreamy right now.

Edit:

Starting to clean up in Strathmere too, looks like you could get a drift session in down to the south side of sea isle in an hour flat!!  I imagine LBI will get good before sundown.  

https://www.surfline.com/surf-report/sherman-ave-/5b0347809f631f001a00f0d9

Edit 2: good LBI cam, already firing: https://thesurfersview.com/live-cams/new-jersey/beach-haven-lbi-beach-cam-and-surf-report/

Edit 3: Here's a still from the Beach Haven cam.  Not very big but pretty consistent griding lefthand tubes. Goofy Footers dream.  

QyTK8qJ.jpeg

KvnEkjO.jpeg

nvqZiZe.jpeg