• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28th/29th Event Obs - From KU to FU?

JTA66

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

As of 3:30 am, we're up to 4.25", as we got 1/2" last hour with somewhat diminished intensity, although the radar and my eyeballs are indicating intensity picking back up again now. Really want to get into some of those 1"+ per hour bands that look to only be 15-20 miles SE of me. Down to 24F.

As of 4:30 am, we're up to about 4.75" (difficult to measure with blowing/drifting snow) as we had good intensity for awhile, but then it waned, giving us 0.5" last hour. NWS forecast as of 4 am was for 4-6" more snow, so I'm thinking we'll get to 8-10", which would be a great snowstorm. All the way down to 23F.

Currently looks to be at least 3" here on my board (based on one of those marked snow rulers) and will go out later with the ruler to confirm.

Big note is that the temp that hung around 29/30 through yesterday did a gradual drop to the current 23 at post time with dp 22.  Still have SN with very fine flakes.  The heavier band appears to be sitting right along the river.

radar10-01292022.png

3 minutes ago, RedSky said:

The low is 50-100 miles west of forecast look out she's hugging

To my untrained eye, the storm just went on a rapid tilt, and looks to be really pumping some moisture over us now... intensity comes and goes, but I think I'll see over at foot on barnegat bay.  Impossible to measure.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dseagull said:

To my untrained eye, the storm just went on a rapid tilt, and looks to be really pumping some moisture over us now... intensity comes and goes, but I think I'll see over at foot on barnegat bay.  Impossible to measure.  

Amazing rotation over the Delmarva

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Some in S. Jersey not far from AC reporting 11" and so far a Forked River 12.5" spotter report is the highest showing up over there.

Screenshot 2022-01-29 052431.png

I believe it, I'm 3 miles south of Forked River.  Last hour was near whiteout for a short period of time. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Went out to hand-measure and that is some snow-cone powdery snow.  Measured 3.25" so far (total of whatever may have been left from the PRE through to now. Although there is some light breeze, there hasn't been enough where the board is, to start blowing and drifting yet.  I expect as the storm gets closer, the winds will increase.

• Like 2

Good Morning - Lower Bucks

23F - Snow (IMBY measure 3.5")

W NNE 5-10mph - picking up

P 29.54 F

Radar looks steady for western movement east for now, what I am looking at is the dry finger in Bel Air MD that could be pointed in our direction, hopefully fills in for a bit.

FWIW - I used to live in Toms River, spoke with an ole neighbor, says he has a good foot on the ground and heavy snow. Asked me what time today I was going to be over to help shovel with my Wovel :) - might be called a Weasel these days (for those who might remember I always swore by the Wovel during the some big storms at the shore from 2010-2015 over the snow blower - also had a 100ft driveway then...)

Before you ask :) Wovel Pic and storm pic from Jan 24 2016 in TR

Wovel.gif

0124161227a.gif

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Mshaffer526 said:

Strongly considered staying in AC... regretting it slightly now lol. Maybe I'll try driving over to the boardwalk later. 

My wife and I actually rescheduled are weekend trip for next week - me I would have been out walking the boards already, the Mrs. Uhhh, not so much...

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Mshaffer526 said:

Ripping in Absecon. Forget measuring. 

Just went downstairs to rebook this room for tonight. 

That Wovel looks pretty cool. :D  Probably does great on the powdery stuff when there is too much to sweep away with a broom... although I'm not sure how well it would do with the wet heavy cement type snow.  But then snowblowers don't work that well with the cement snow either. :axe:

Looks like the heavier band moved just off the coast.

kdix_20220129_1203_BR_0.4.png

1 minute ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

That Wovel looks pretty cool. :D  Probably does great on the powdery stuff when there is too much to sweep away with a broom... although I'm not sure how well it would do with the wet heavy cement type snow.  But then snowblowers don't work that well with the cement snow either. :axe:

It actually works the best for the heavier stuff, takes all the pressure off the back - but ohhh the arm work out. 

Down to 22F and snow

W NNE 8mph - gusting to 18mph

33 minutes ago, WebBreaker63 said:

It actually works the best for the heavier stuff, takes all the pressure off the back - but ohhh the arm work out. 

Down to 22F and snow

W NNE 8mph - gusting to 18mph

Yeah I was thinking the pushing thing would be a bear although at least it wouldn't have a chute that gets clogged. :lol:

WPC did a surface map about 2 1/2 hours ago and that thing is way west MEANT EAST - sortof where GFS had said it would be awhile ago.

WPC-surface-map-as-of-542am-jan29-01292022.PNG

COD-GOES-East-regional-eastcoast.truecolor.20220129.121617-over=map-bars-true-color-01292022.gif

• Like 2