• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28th/29th Event Obs - From KU to FU?

JTA66

8 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Better stuff moving into Mont/Bucks county and bands coming in off the ocean. Increasing intensity here...thinking the best rates 11pm-midnight to 9-10am.

28F/Snow

up.jpg

Can you remember the last time the best snow didn't fall from 11pm to 9am, it's literally every time now

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

I'm between Mt Holly and the Delaware River.  Had some of the pre-storm snow this morning that melted off and now getting some steady build up.

It should be interesting to see what tomorrow morning looks like.   I'm ready--grocery shopping is done and I'll be cooking a big pot of cajun ettoufee  after I finish the shovelin'

IMBY as of 1030:

DSCN3147-resized.thumb.jpg.a31bdab2fde97bf9694bac7769038a76.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, snowwors2 said:

Ralph…

Refresh me, is that yet to come or total including earlier today?

Yet to come. Probably overdone....especially kucera. The lower map of snow depth factors in modeled temps for ratios and might be closer. I find still cutting another quarter off of that is closest to reality most often. So if snow depth was showing 8" here probably closer to 6". Just my personal experience with the RAP.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Can you remember the last time the best snow didn't fall from 11pm to 9am, it's literally every time now

I kinda dig the overnight stuff because I'm a night owl, temps are lower and don't have to worry about that GD sun angle!

To answer your question, night/overnight storms seem to be the vast majority of our events in recent years...

27F/Snow

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just measured a fresh inch, 2.9" storm total counting snow from earlier. Rates here have been varying between light and moderate, mostly light. Steady as she goes...

Slightly nerve racking due to the fact that, as modeled, we'll be pretty much on the left edge of the snow shield for the duration. But we are very much enjoying hanging on the porch and seeing it snow. Getting a little breezier bit by bit. Just had a bunch of deer stop by also. Nice Friday night!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KamuSnow said:

Just measured a fresh inch, 2.9" storm total counting snow from earlier. Rates here have been varying between light and moderate, mostly light. Steady as she goes...

Slightly nerve racking due to the fact that, as modeled, we'll be pretty much on the left edge of the snow shield for the duration. But we are very much enjoying hanging on the porch and seeing it snow. Getting a little breezier bit by bit. Just had a bunch of deer stop by also. Nice Friday night!

I know squat about when the wind "kicks in" but according to Kathy Orr (Fox29) at 10pm she said starting around 3-4am.

Deer are mellow/cool...

28F/Snow

8 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Pretty nice stuff moving thru right now. Hopefully it can backbuild.

It's still building to the W and probably will move through Berks eventually but to a lesser degree. Aside from the shore we're in pretty good shape, 6"+. And the temps will keep dropping so we won't lose a flake...then add wind, cool stuff.

28F/Mod snow

sb.jpg

22 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Ditto here in Chadds Ford

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Looks to be 2” out there so far and coming down nicely. 2.5” including the .5” this morning. Going out at midnight for an official measurement though. Still have 12 hours to go and haven’t gotten into the true heavy stuff yet. Could be in for a real nice event here in Levittown.

L-town FTW!

• Like 2