• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28th/29th Event Obs - From KU to FU?

JTA66

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Their map is kinda strange. They have Philly on the line of 3-6"/6-12"...so basically 3-12"?

noon.jpg

Take note how family member disregarded geography and went with the 3" to needle me 

All I know about Adam is he was always a card carrying member of the Warminsta's 

14 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Take note how family member disregarded geography and went with the 3" to needle me 

All I know about Adam is he was always a card carrying member of the Warminsta's 

Oh, I know. He belittles snow/cold weather and always super happy with super warm/shore weather which disturbs me. His super tight "flood" pants"/overall suit disturb me as well... 

On twitter...there's more.

32F/Flurries 

aj.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Oh, I know. He belittles snow/cold weather and always super happy with super warm/shore weather which disturbs me. His super tight "flood" pants"/overall suit disturb me as well... 

On twitter...there's more.

32F/Flurries 

aj.jpg

Surprises me he doesn't broadcast in shorts with a palm tree cabana shirt 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

WWA for Berks, Lehigh, Northampton for 1-4” hey it’s something I guess. 

Here it is friday and my Wednesday forecast is still on track-- Nothing new.  First call is usually the best call. Heavier bands can still screw up my forecast but this now becomes a now cast event after 6pm 

=================================================================================================================================

well, it's Wednesday evening,and the storm on the short range models is an out to sea storm, just like I called it. Very little impact to our area with the major accumulating snow east of the NJ turnpike. I see us getting between 3-5 inches at the very most for the entire storm event unless a major change comes to the models. in the next 24- hours which is still a possibility that I will not rule out.

Most of the snow will fall Sat morning. As the arctic front comes though on Friday, light snow will break out in the morning to lunch time. It will be snowing lightly all afternoon and into Friday night. 1-2 inches is possible by midnight. if the roads are treated -no problem.

Winter storm watches will most likely go out for counties to the south and especially east of the LV by tomorrow afternoon. For us- a wait and see situation as we are very borderline right now. I just wish we we could have a plowable snow event of 4-6 inches but even that appears unlikely right now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Their map is kinda strange. They have Philly on the line of 3-6"/6-12"...so basically 3-12"?

noon.jpg

I think considering the higher amounts are obviously going to be east, then the line of 3 to 6 and then 6 to 12 means it’s possible that Philly gets six or seven and Gloucester County getsseven or eight, and then you get more as you go east. At least that’s how I understand it. Sorry just getting done work and catching up.

Here in East Nantmeal Twp in NW Chester County we have already received 2.0" of snow so far so -  the trusty WXSIM module is forecasting a total of 5" to 7" of snow (including the 2" earlier) for the peaks along the Welsh Mountain here in NW Chesco

WXSIM text forecast for East Nantmeal, initialized at  3:00 PM Jan 28, 2022
 _______________________________________________________________________________

This afternoon: Cloudy. High 31. Wind northeast near calm.

Tonight: Dense overcast. Snow likely. Low 26. Wind chill ranging from 16 to 29.
 Wind northeast around 4 mph in the evening, becoming 10 mph, gusting to 20 mph,
 after midnight. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Precipitation (liquid
 equivalent) mostly less than a quarter of an inch. Snow accumulation 1 to 2
 inches.

Saturday: Dense overcast in the morning, becoming cloudy in the afternoon. Snow
 likely in the morning, then a slight chance of snow in the afternoon. Breezy.
 High 27, but temperatures falling in the afternoon. Wind chill ranging from 8 to
 16. Wind north around 14 mph, gusting to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation 70
 percent. Precipitation (liquid equivalent) mostly around a quarter of an inch.
 Snow accumulation 2 to 3 inches.