• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 1 -3 GHD III

Brian D

Lurking in y’all subforum to help a friend in Macomb Michigan track this….any Michigan posters have any local tv meteorologists you recommend?  My friend isn’t completely weather illiterate but doesn’t track stuff like we do.  Good luck to you all and thanks for the information.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NJHurricane said:

Lurking in y’all subforum to help a friend in Macomb Michigan track this….any Michigan posters have any local tv meteorologists you recommend?  My friend isn’t completely weather illiterate but doesn’t track stuff like we do.  Good luck to you all and thanks for the information.

Honestly, I think the other Detroit area members can attest that none of the Detroit TV meteorologists are that great. 

Dave Rexroth (ABC affiliate) is probably the best of the bunch.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

OP 18z Euro only goes out to 90hrs.

I could tell it was a tad north without even looking just by the dozens of new replies since I checked a couple of hours ago LOL

A few more ticks north, me and the heart of Chicago will be in the middle of the insane model output band instead of the northern edge

22 minutes ago, Powerball said:

Honestly, I think the other Detroit area members can attest that none of the Detroit TV meteorologists are that great. 

Dave Rexroth (ABC affiliate) is probably the best of the bunch.

Full truth Rexy is the only good Chief we got here in the Detroit Market the rest are not so great.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beavis1729 said:

If I’m reading it right, the 15z plume mean is around 1” of liquid…and that’s only through 87 hours. 

I was talking about the 21Z which is even better and obviously doesn't cover the main event. Plumes are terrible though at long range, so just watching how they trend.

11 minutes ago, Chicago916 said:

I was talking about the 21Z which is even better and obviously doesn't cover the main event. Plumes are terrible though at long range, so just watching how they trend.

Yep, just realized that - edited my post to summarize 21z. And I agree it’s more about the trends with SREF plumes, not so much the actual numbers. 

32 minutes ago, Sciascia said:

ABC7 Chicago put out a map. I would’ve waited a day or so to avoid the “You only said 3-6 inches!” crowd if models keep bringing it north.

5A32EE10-BFBA-4C88-9CDF-F12D2FCBB2EE.jpeg

2 minutes ago, sbnwx85 said:

For the record I work at one of the tv stations in South Bend (in the news department…not a met) and I’m happy to say it’s not this station. 

1FD58CFE-5DE3-4A8A-95A3-EAD54DDB4183.jpeg

It's going to be fun troll bumping these maps if the GFS is right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Rjay locked this topic