Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 1 -3 GHD III

Brian D

2 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

12z NAM has a slightly different alignment for the overrunning event, and then definitely will be further north with the main storm.

you mean the alignment where if stalls 20 miles from my backyard? Nice looking run for those in the over running area.

• Like 1

GRR completely throwing the storm away that affects 75% of the CWA 72 hours out.. might not end up with an advisory at all, just 6-10” of snow haha. 

Even the EURO they’re riding to the grave shows appreciable snows across 50% of their CWA so their statement in this mornings AFD just shows how erroneous certain forecasters can be if it doesn’t affect their backyard. 

8CBE3BE8-77DB-49DC-90CD-EC512AF9B12B.thumb.jpeg.269dfd2ade10c177b89def3ea9598d20.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Harry Perry said:

GRR completely throwing the storm away that affects 75% of the CWA 72 hours out.. might not end up with an advisory at all, just 6-10” of snow haha. 

Even the EURO they’re riding to the grave shows appreciable snows across 50% of their CWA so their statement in this mornings AFD just shows how erroneous certain forecasters can be if it doesn’t affect their backyard. 

8CBE3BE8-77DB-49DC-90CD-EC512AF9B12B.thumb.jpeg.269dfd2ade10c177b89def3ea9598d20.jpeg

I think they are riding the trends the past few years of respectable snowstorms sliding to our SE and the lack of nw trends. Either way still reckless to have this point of view of this storm at the current moment. Dtw/grr are the worst.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RogueWaves said:

Jan 4-5 2014. Last minute jog/bump N screwed Motown out of dbl digit hit. I dont want too much of a last minute jog, just enough to bump that stripe of 24-30" in NOH up to The Metro here. Like you said, days to go wrt the final wave and what it really does for this region.

Actually we did have double digits, 11" at Detroit.  I don't even recall what models were forecasting because that Winter was just one big weather orgasm of fun.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

I think they are riding the trends the past few years of respectable snowstorms sliding to our SE and the lack of nw trends. Either way still reckless to have this point of view of this storm at the current moment. Dtw/grr are the worst.

Respectable snowstorms, of which there have been a few The last few years, have nothing to do with it. Grand Rapids basically ignores their county warning area outside of Grand Rapids North. They should just give Lansing and Jackson to DTX. I feel sorry for Jackson. If there is a chance of a stray lake effect snow shower drifting over their way, they get slapped with a Winter weather advisory. If they expect 6 to 10" of snow… they get slapped with a Winter weather advisory. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

12z GFS coming in with a slightly different orientation for the overrunning event...It's a bit south for eastern areas and a bit north for western areas.

Main storm is a bit north of previous run.

More ridging ahead of the ejecting trough, however it was slower.

• Brian D changed the title to Feb 1 -3 GHD III
  • Rjay locked this topic