Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-29, 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Threat

WxUSAF

17 minutes ago, Stradivarious said:

I’m about 150 feet from the beach at Ocean City, MD. I’m having a hard time imagining over a foot of snow on the beach along with 40-50 mph gusts. Blowing snow, laced with sand, sounds very, very wicked. There should be a special name for the weather event or conditions of blowing sand and snow together….is there one?

First year there? I will be there permanently sometime in the next couple of years. Enjoy the storm. 

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

If I was gonna chase I would probably chase to Jersey in all honesty. Relatively close and they are going to get hammered. 

Yup Atlantic City it is. Can’t turn down a free room and some free play money while I’m there getting hammered by snow and alcohol lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

34 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Lived just north of Waterbury from birth up until 10 years ago. Still have a bunch of family there. Have had some absolute doozies up there. Most memorable one was 38”. It snowed 3-4”/hr for hours on end. Was incredible to see.

Missed this sob by one weekend. Was just up for a wedding last weekend. Man what could’ve been.

Grew up in Waterbury in 70’s/80’s.  Some epic snows back then.  Always fun to see a front end loader clearing your street.

• Like 1

Honestly believe the surface will keep improving. H5 just keeps getting incrementally better. Notice the trough becoming more vertical? Slightly deeper? And this is across all models. If we get this to a 2-4” storm for most areas that’s a win. Honestly believe in the end that main precip shield makes it to the west side of the bay at least. Think you guys from there on east fo really well.

But me losing sleep won’t matter, so see you guys in the am.

• Like 2

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic