Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-29, 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Threat

WxUSAF

8 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Interesting that the 12k NAM keep the high near freezing while the 3k and HRRR send DC to 36-37.

New 3k is colder too although not as cold as 12k. Thinking earlier start to snow and (relatively) heavier precipitation prevents much daytime warming?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I know we don't want to hear about Boston, and I swear this is the first and only time Im going to mention it...but NAM is about to have a closed low and they are going to be annihilated. 

I don’t know why we can’t talk about Boston.  This was never our storm.  It looks awesome up there.  Sometimes it is fun to just marvel at a big one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I know we don't want to hear about Boston, and I swear this is the first and only time Im going to mention it...but NAM is about to have a closed low and they are going to be annihilated. 

They're already on it...wowzers...their storm thread is over 300 pages now. I already know 2 folks flying out of BWI tomorrow to go chase. 

1 minute ago, MN Transplant said:

I don’t know why we can’t talk about Boston.  This was never our storm.  It looks awesome up there.  Sometimes it is fun to just marvel at a big one.

I'm with you on that. We can't get storms like this one because of unfixable disadvantages... geography and latitude. They don't get ones like this very often. Insanely strong storm and cold cold powder to the coast. They are truly in the perfect spot. Plus, it snows somewhere on the planet every single day. Who cares 

• Like 4

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic