Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 28-29, 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Threat

WxUSAF

1 minute ago, jayyy said:

This is exactly what I mean. How can this be correct? It looks like it attempts to correct itself, despite no mechanism present to push the storm WNW like that. That’s an odd track, no doubt.

Looking at 500 and 700, it seems like the storm (and associated precip shield) should be further west when it gets going initially off the NC coastline. 

Playing along here. If the low forms closer to the coast based 500 and 700. Then moves NNE as opposed to doing it’s money dance from Bermuda then 200 miles back west then up the coast. Maybe the precip shield respond with a more uniform distribution farther inland. 

Just now, jayyy said:

We still love ya all the same. 

Phew. 

Just now, pazzo83 said:

i would say model worshipper is a stretch tho.  you like maps.  models are plotted on maps.  I mean there is a connection there but that is a bit strong imo.

I haven't looked at single model today other than whats been shared here lol 

Clearly there was a misunderstanding... 

3 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Playing along here. If the low forms closer to the coast based 500 and 700. Then moves NNE as opposed to doing it’s money dance from Bermuda then 200 miles back west then up the coast. Maybe the precip shield respond with a more uniform distribution farther inland. 

Snapchat-584977366.jpg

Snapchat-1558953657.jpg

• Weenie 1

Just now, pazzo83 said:

i would say model worshipper is a stretch tho.  you like maps.  models are plotted on maps.  I mean there is a connection there but that is a bit strong imo.

Person with name mappy likes maps. Go figure. :lol:

14 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

That’s my line of thinking. Now, I’m not talking hundreds of miles or anything. Not enough of a difference to give places west of Baltimore and DC a bunch of snow magically. but I am talking about enough of a difference to potentially place the 95 corridor and places just east firmly inside the western flank of the main precip shield. 

I may be completely off base here. So red / met green tags feel free to interject. But how the low behaves on the 12k NAM off Hatterus seems a bit sus to me.  

4 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

If we’re still talking about snow here, I thought the 18z NAMs were noise level changes over 12z. 3k looked better with my Friday evening mood snow and light accumulations. That’s good enough for me.

3K looks pretty decent with the initial batch. Give me respectable precip and temps near 32-33 degrees as the sun is going down and I’ll take my chances  

20 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

If we’re still talking about snow here, I thought the 18z NAMs were noise level changes over 12z. 3k looked better with my Friday evening mood snow and light accumulations. That’s good enough for me.

Let’s you, me, and @Herb@MAWS meet up at the top of the sledding hill tomorrow night for beers. My treat! Got a request? Please say IPA. Please say IPA. Or Dr Pepper?  :lol:

A0117756-5B81-4D44-878E-51120B2C3B1E.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

I know this is not the New England section, but if anybody wants to see a very long technical discussion about the storm's potential impacts for up that way (especially eastern MA and RI), check out the afternoon AFD from BOX.  My sister lives up in the Boston burbs and it looks like they will really get whacked there.  Some pretty impressive totals being painted, plus serious wind/power outage potential - all this without much if any blocking!

2 minutes ago, batmanbrad said:

I know this is not the New England section, but if anybody wants to see a very long technical discussion about the storm's potential impacts for up that way (especially eastern MA and RI), check out the afternoon AFD from BOX.  My sister lives up in the Boston burbs and it looks like they will really get whacked there.  Some pretty impressive totals being painted, plus serious wind/power outage potential - all this without much if any blocking!

I'm originally from NE Rhode Island, my folks still live there. Gotta admit it hurts that they might get 30 inches while I get 3...but I'm moving to Canada later this year, so I'll get over it I suppose. If I didn't have obligations here I'd consider paying them a visit and "chasing" this one up there. Alas, I'll have to enjoy my white rain.

2 minutes ago, Rhode Islander in Balto said:

I'm originally from NE Rhode Island, my folks still live there. Gotta admit it hurts that they might get 30 inches while I get 3...but I'm moving to Canada later this year, so I'll get over it I suppose. If I didn't have obligations here I'd consider paying them a visit and "chasing" this one up there. Alas, I'll have to enjoy my white rain.

:blahblah:

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Rhode Islander in Balto said:

I just moved out of NE Rhode Island a month ago, but this storm is making me wish I waited just a little longer. It’s looking possibly historic for that area.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Ten Eyck! Delicious. Please ask for it at your favorite HoCo beer spot. 

PS—you are more than welcome to meet us on the sledding hill too. Forgot you are a HoCo friend. Lol. 

Yes on the beer, but I believe I've already got a date with the merriweather ice rink tomorrow evening.  Still interested in the location of said hill though, good sleddin' hills are in short supply 'round here.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic