Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-29, 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Threat

WxUSAF

1 hour ago, Roger Smith said:

At the end of the day, the weather can let us down, just like politics or life in general, but then we have this:

so to the GFS, the Euro, the GEM, NAM and the rest I say Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, Schubert and Mendelsohn ... deal with it. Fix up your craft and reach the stars. 

Ah thank you good sir! (I just tried to play a bit of that first movement a little while ago...been awhile, lol) And you're right: Weather may let us down, but music never will--especially the music of BEETHOVEN! 

Being in the "jackpot" location of the storm, if you could call it such a thing, I think it's gonna be a game time decision.  I could see it equally likely that we get a foot of snow or nothing at all.  You can be sure that if it's the former I'll be here to provide pics of the muck truck in action.  Really need to get snow tires for the G.  

2 minutes ago, IronTy said:

Being in the "jackpot" location of the storm, if you could call it such a thing, I think it's gonna be a game time decision.  I could see it equally likely that we get a foot of snow or nothing at all.  You can be sure that if it's the former I'll be here to provide pics of the muck truck in action.  Really need to get snow tires for the G.  

Aren’t you in southern MD? Yeah you were/are standing the chance of getting more than some of us north and westerners, but not sure you were ever really in the jackpot…unless I’m wrong about your location 

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I am not even going to bother chasing it now. I fell like OC is almost as likely to bust at this point. 

Yeah I was a bit surprised by Mount Holly not keeping the forecast more generic here for now, given the unusual amount of uncertainty at this range and the clear trend across guidance for less impact. They should have at least waited until after the 0z suite imo. Big bust potential.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Aren’t you in southern MD? Yeah you were/are standing the chance of getting more than some of us north and westerners, but not sure you were ever really in the jackpot…unless I’m wrong about your location 

Oh yeah definitely not in the entire storm jackpot which would be up north, was more considering the forum group, though eastern shore will probably get more. Still I'm hesitant to get excited because even a shift east by 5 miles at game time would be majorly detrimental to snow totals. 

4 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

thread:

Was just coming to post this too, very good thread 

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I mean...correlation may actually be causation in this instance...can't be discounted.

You know I kid. Maybe. :devilsmiley:

3 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

Lol. I was thinking about this earlier. He kept saying he was a jinx now its come to fruition. His move sabotaged our winter. His next move might have to be to Boston. :lol:

Maybe one grace winter before we discuss his membership 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CAPE said:

ofc not. he needs the clicks.

He’s so hard to read sometimes. In the early Jan events he discounted every snowier model and went low. Now he’s showing the euro, that’s performed horribly this winter…and also just happens to show the snowiest amounts. I don’t get it.

Ava is cautious and very good at laying out the possibilities, but will often have to follow Toms lead on his forecasts. She went low in the early events too and got a lot of crap on social media about it afterwards. Grr.

• Like 4

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic