• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-29, 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Threat

WxUSAF

It’s just happening 6 hours too late. If that h5 look at 72 was when the surface low was still down off the southeast we would be good. But the low is already to our east by the time the flow goes negative and then cuts off. That’s too late to do us any good with the coastal.  Even if the surface showed a good result I’d be skeptical with that progression. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It’s just happening 6 hours too late. If that h5 look at 72 was when the surface low was still down off the southeast we would be good. But the low is already to our east by the time the flow goes negative and then cuts off. That’s too late to do us any good with the coastal.  Even if the surface showed a good result I’d be skeptical with that progression. 

And I think the sw in the sw is responsible for that. Get in early or get out completely. Either would be better IMO

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

And I think the sw in the sw is responsible for that. Get in early or get out completely. Either would be better IMO

Another reason to never trust a pattern with so many ns sw's flying around....too much random interference. This week it was the four corners...last week it was thar other piece that yanked a perfectly good southern wave northwest as it got up to us. So even having an unusually active stj in a nina doesn't help when ya got all that confusion, smh

1 minute ago, ravensrule said:

What a great time for Wxbell to be down. 

I've DM'd them on Twitter and got this --

"We've been encountering a site issue specifically in the 1pm EST (sometimes 1am EST) hour this week. It's intermittent and we think we are close to resolving it (unfortunately we can only work on diagnosis when it actually happens). There isn't a fix on the user end at the moment, but we hope to be there soon."

So they know -- but they clearly haven't gotten there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

I've DM'd them on Twitter and got this --

"We've been encountering a site issue specifically in the 1pm EST (sometimes 1am EST) hour this week. It's intermittent and we think we are close to resolving it (unfortunately we can only work on diagnosis when it actually happens). There isn't a fix on the user end at the moment, but we hope to be there soon."

So they know -- but they clearly haven't gotten there.

Lol, right when the Euro comes out. You would think with all the money they were making they could pay faster technicians. 

47 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

To all members,

I feel like I need to apologize to you all for what happened earlier.  I'm sorry.  I lost my temper.  I'm not going to blame a "bad day" or some external reason.  There is no reason or excuse. I just lost it and I'm sorry y'all had to see it.  I can't say it was behavior unbecoming of an admin because let's face it, I suck as an admin and I don't even look at myself as one.  I'm only an admin because I co-founded this board.  Yeah, I joke about banning people, but most of you all know it's just that...jokes.  Thank God @IronTy wife isn't the sole owner of this board, because after this morning,  she'd be driving down 95 to pay me a visit.    With that said, I'm opting out of pbp.  Not because of what happened today (well mostly not), it's because I'm just sick of this see-sawing GD storm.   

Again, apologies to the board.

It’s Ok

We love  the snow and cold and Dc is a very tough area to get a good idea of if a snow event  will occur and models Do Not Help to zero in on that by the myriad of examples they switch to every 6 hours.  
Some  people have hissies  whenever I state that Fact, you don’t, and I gained immense relief personally when I adopted that attitude.  For this storm the models will begin forecasting noon Thursday, up until then a lot of “if this then that” examples are all they are. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VABILLUPS1 said:

What is wrong with the Euro? I mean, has the atmosphere changed or something. 

Progressive NS dominant pattern. Has always been a weakness of the euro. This storm particularly is a type it always struggles with. Over amplifies them.  The Gfs improvement is also making it look worse by comparison. In the past they would both be sucking and we would just be saying “models can’t handle this pattern”.  

• Haha 1

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic