Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-29, 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Threat

WxUSAF

3 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

The mean ticked east and totals down accross the board...even eastern shore.

Yeah same general idea as the op but less precip. And the GEFS has led the way on the trend for the more meaningful snow to be in SE VA. At this point I would expect them to be very close as we go forward.

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

To all members,

I feel like I need to apologize to you all for what happened earlier.  I'm sorry.  I lost my temper.  I'm not going to blame a "bad day" or some external reason.  There is no reason or excuse. I just lost it and I'm sorry y'all had to see it.  I can't say it was behavior unbecoming of an admin because let's face it, I suck as an admin and I don't even look at myself as one.  I'm only an admin because I co-founded this board.  Yeah, I joke about banning people, but most of you all know it's just that...jokes.  Thank God @IronTy wife isn't the sole owner of this board, because after this morning,  she'd be driving down 95 to pay me a visit.    With that said, I'm opting out of pbp.  Not because of what happened today (well mostly not), it's because I'm just sick of this see-sawing GD storm.   

Again, apologies to the board.

No apology needed, we are all human, shit happens. 

• Like 1

I'm on board with 1-4" imby, and I think that's a reasonable goal forum-wide. I really appreciated @WxUSAF's breakdown of the three parts of of the storm (Friday arctic front, Friday night ULL pass, Saturday coastal) a few hours ago (on page like 74 I think?). I feel like if we could all break down the storm into those parts it'll be a lot easier for us all to accept missing out on the coastal, since that doesn't necessarily mean we miss out on the rest of the storm. 

Someone mentioned Jan '05 yesterday--that was my first real winter storm ever and I remember being so excited for the forecast of like 8" in DC and then we ended up with only like half that while places NE of us got plastered. I wonder how similar the two evolutions are?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Where are you hearing that?  Didn't CAPE post a tweet a few pages back saying the opposite based on RAOB data?

I actually clicked on the chart and looked at it- he misconstrued something. Looks like only one site where the GFS was significantly more in error than the Euro. The rest were about equal, or slight errors one way or the other. Basically a wash.

8 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

To all members,

I feel like I need to apologize to you all for what happened earlier.  I'm sorry.  I lost my temper.  I'm not going to blame a "bad day" or some external reason.  There is no reason or excuse. I just lost it and I'm sorry y'all had to see it.  I can't say it was behavior unbecoming of an admin because let's face it, I suck as an admin and I don't even look at myself as one.  I'm only an admin because I co-founded this board.  Yeah, I joke about banning people, but most of you all know it's just that...jokes.  Thank God @IronTy wife isn't the sole owner of this board, because after this morning,  she'd be driving down 95 to pay me a visit.    With that said, I'm opting out of pbp.  Not because of what happened today (well mostly not), it's because I'm just sick of this see-sawing GD storm.   

No need to apologize. That would be me on a good day. 

8 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

To all members,

I hope you reconsider doing PBP.  I really enjoy your style

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

I actually clicked on the chart and looked at it- he misconstrued something. Looks like only one site where the GFS was significantly more in error than the Euro. The rest were about equal, or slight errors one way or the other. Basically a wash.

He tweeted later that he made a mistake. The GFS is actually better. 

• Like 1

This event is why I absolutely despise long track events. I swear on all that is holy that I hope we don’t have another event this year that shows up before 48 hours.

I mean when you find yourself mad at a sw in the four corners it’s time to step away. That’s why I haven’t posted today.

Now what time is the euro lol?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Solution Man said:

No apology needed, we are all human, shit happens. 

That's precisely correct, and every single one of us has moments where we are not at our best, or what we strive to be. I enjoy the learning, the commenters and their persona. 

Respect to you, it is self-uplifting to acknowledge our emotions, our personal shortcomings. Are there people here who don't understand that they don't understand? Absolutely, as there are all over the world. They make themselves obvious and aren't here long.

Cheers, your commentary is a reason among many to come here.

• Like 1

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

Can this event is why I absolutely despise long track events. I swear on all that is holy that I hope we don’t have another event this year that shows up before 48 hours.

I mean when you find yourself mad at a sw in the four corners it’s time to step away. That’s why I haven’t listed today.

Now what time is the euro lol?

This storm has been particularly difficult. I can't remember a storm that goes back and forth on the models as much as this one. Usually its in, until its out, and then its out for good.  

This one is back and forth every 6 hours. I count 3 emotional swings in this thread just since 6am this morning. 

14 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

To all members,

Give yourself a pass and a break. Very much enjoy your commentary 

I might be in the minority here, but I have thoroughly enjoyed this week of tracking this storm, even if we don’t get a flake IMBY. I would rather chase a blizzard and get nothing vs just staring outside at 33 degree rain. Stormtrackers pbp’s have been amazing, and the analysis by PSU, WUSAF, Bob, and others, are extremely informative- especially PSU’s reality-check about Miller B’s. All of your time is appreciated and I love seeing all the personalities on this board.   And frankly, I don’t understand how people function when staying up watching the late night runs every night.   

I hope this ends up great for someone here, and here’s to looking forward to the February medium and long range…  

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

To all members,

All good sir. I know ya don't want to call it a bad day, but hey, we all have those days where the self-control ain't where it should be. The best any of us can do when we do go off the rails on here (which many of us have a time or two...or three...or four, lol) is own up to it, apologize, and move on. And don't sell yourself short--forum would never be the same without ya brother!

• Like 1

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic