Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-29, 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Threat

WxUSAF

13 minutes ago, LeesburgWx said:

Sitting here wondering why I moved to Leesburg from Norfolk… Doesn’t seem to snow out here anymore 

We've scored so many times out here when the rest of the subforum didn't. It's just one of those years. History is still history - we'll do fine most years.

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

It’s kinda hilarious that our region seems to have relatively narrow goal posts on snow potential whereas areas both north and south of us have just enormous variance. NAM and GFS give eastern NC and southeast VA a MECS and Euro gives them a dusting. 

Euro gives NNJ two feet while GFS gives it a few inches.  Crazy difference.  

5 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

The 12z RGEM is just not a fan of this storm, but it literally bounces back and forth so much

I don't recall the RGEM ever really looking all that promising. GGEM? Sure, but I feel like the RGEM has been consistently holding back the energy in the Southwest and getting the phase going too late. I'm open to being corrected though.

1 minute ago, mattie g said:

I don't recall the RGEM ever really looking all that promising. GGEM? Sure, but I feel like the RGEM has been consistently holding back the energy in the Southwest and getting the phase going too late. I'm open to being corrected though.

I've never forgiven the RGEM for not delivering on the 70 inches it tossed over our area a few years back on that one crazy run. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, mattie g said:

There was one run - the one at the same time the GGEM went bananas - that looked very good for us. Outside of that though, you're right that it's been unenthused with this storm for most of our region.

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic