Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-29, 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Threat

WxUSAF

Just now, osfan24 said:

Yeah, some are getting carried away. The low was almost past our latitude by the time the NAM ended. That said, it does look like the potential for a widespread warning event for most of us. It was still clear that the focus was going to be along the coast, however.

That really doesn't matter with that type of evolution at the upper levels. Its easy to say because its the NAM so its not worth parsing that much regardless. But if the GFS ran that exact run and beyond 84, it would be over a foot up the 95 corridor, no questions asked.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, osfan24 said:

Yeah, some are getting carried away. The low was almost past our latitude by the time the NAM ended. That said, it does look like the potential for a widespread warning event for most of us. It was still clear that the focus was going to be along the coast, however.

Who is getting carried away.  Like what makes you think that

4 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Brother look at the surface. It's the NAM so I am not going to get carried away. But it was still snowing in Myrtle Beach at 84. There was a ton of snow left. Especially for you guys to the east. 

ref1km_ptype.conus.png

• Haha 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Brother look at the surface. It's the NAM so I am not going to get carried away. But it was still snowing in Myrtle Beach at 84. There was a ton of snow left. Especially for you guys to the east. 

Not to mention it was definitely about to cut off... 

Anyone hopping in the zoom soon? @psuhoffman and co

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

The NAM looks like a regionwide 3-6" event with maybe 6-10" on the Eastern shore. I think most of us will take that.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, DDweatherman said:

I hope we get a full run of the NAM within range and it holds or shows something similar. Then people can watch the evolution of a look like that and what would have happened overhead. 

Yeah, the next run will show a significant amount more, but 12z should give us the whole picture, even if it's at range.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DDweatherman said:

I hope we get a full run of the NAM within range and it holds or shows something similar. Then people can watch the evolution of a look like that and what would have happened overhead. 

I’m in the camp that even if H84 were the total accumulations, it’d be a great storm here.  It’s not like we live on Tug Hill where we average 300” — a 3-6” event is fun.  NAM suggests more to come though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Amped said:

Nam  might not even be halfway done there.. Just starting to pivot and precip extending well southwest of us. 

It looked to me like the precip was about to consolidate closer to the coast and the surface low afterwards. But it's the NAM at 84 hours so who knows?

Just now, Fozz said:

It looked to me like the precip was about to consolidate closer to the coast and the surface low afterwards. But it's the NAM at 84 hours so who knows?

Same. Some people acting like the storm is moving due north and so is the precip and all that stuff in SC is getting up here. Nope.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic