Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-29, 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Threat

WxUSAF

7 minutes ago, CasualObserver said:

I went to an event the night before. On the way there I heard on WTOP that we would have flurries the next day. When I left the event a couple of hours later, I heard on WTOP that there were blizzard warnings going up. I'll never forget that.

I played a rehearsal with the Annapolis symphony that night. When I went in at 7:30, the local radio was forecasting flurries. When I came out to the car at @10, I turned the radio back on and heard what sounded like paper tearing..and the DJ said, “ What you just heard was me tearing up the forecast I’ve been giving all night. Folks, it’s going to snow over a foot, and it’s going to begin in about one hour”…I made it back to Hollywood Md as the flakes were beginning to fly…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

the question i have is how far west can the coastal reasonably come?  will the storm have a chance to go north more than advertised before being shunted to the east?  there is a southern energy component to this which is why we're not getting skunked on the models compared to other moisture starved clipper to miller b screwjobs.  at this point, really won't take much of a westward shift, but how much is really possible given the suppressive highs to the northwest?  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stradivarious said:

I played a rehearsal with the Annapolis symphony that night. When I went in at 7:30, the local radio was forecasting flurries. When I came out to the car at @10, I turned the radio back on and heard what sounded like paper tearing..and the DJ said, “ What you just heard was me tearing up the forecast I’ve been giving all night. Folks, it’s going to snow over a foot, and it’s going to begin in about one hour”…I made it back to Hollywood Md as the flakes were beginning to fly…

I dream of experiencing something like this. With the plethora of forecasting tools now though, I doubt anything this extreme will happen. Also, the way things tend to be way over hyped as opposed to under hyped, doesn't leave much of an opportunity. Can always hope though. 

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic