Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-29, 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Threat

WxUSAF

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Yeah this forecaster is good. Brought that up in the morning AFD yesterday.

You are still very much in the game for sure. Id say anyone from 95 east still is, but especially areas east of the bay. I’d like to see models further west right now of course, but we’ve certainly been in worse positions at D4 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ji said:

Gfs continues its awful runs. Nothing like overamped euro

Just now, CAPE said:

6z GFS isn't bad. Still leaving some energy behind, but the NS digs enough to produce a more widespread area of moderate snow. Lets hope that idea sticks if the coastal is going to be too late to organize for our region.

Lol... I'll go with @CAPE

• Like 2

6z GFS isn't bad. Still leaving some energy behind, but the NS digs enough to produce a more widespread area of moderate snow. Lets hope that idea sticks if the coastal is going to be too late to organize for our region.
That would be a big no for me boss. Tired of 1-3 nickle and dime
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Continues the 18z/0z trend of leaving SW energy behind. We should have much better sampling of the energy dropping out of western Canada by 00z tonight and should begin to see models converge. Until then, models are guessing how far west it will be and whether or not it phases or gets left behind. 

To a lesser degree though. More of that energy is getting ejected than previous runs.

6z

1643414400-PwR460rc4q0.png

18z yesterday

1643414400-C9TYIJfRaUs.png

Still work to do, and still time.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CAPE said:

2-4" is fine with me over zero.

100%. The need for some to see a SECS MECS or HECS in the MA region every storm is frustrating to say the least. 2-4” out of a storm that was tracking to Bermuda a few days back is a win in my book. If we can get more, even better, but I’d be happy with a solid advisory event. IF current trends continue over the next few days, I could see a 2-4” in the metros with 3-6” out your way type deal unfolding. 

• Like 1

Get those shovels ready! Stock up on ice melter, food and beers! Get ready for some rousing jebwalks! You all are about to be absolutely blinded by huge, huge three inch aggregates blasting on a northeasterly gale right past the streetlights! NEVER GIVE UP ON SNOW! You are gonna get it!

• Like 2
  • Weenie 2

The 0z euro came closer than I originally thought. The storm absolutely blows up on its journey from the Carolina’s to east of Long Island. 1008 to 968 in 12 hours. A bit too east and late, but it was close. More than enough time left to see the changes necessary to bring us some appreciable snow out of this. 

00z tonight is when I really want to see models begin to hone in on what’s going on out west. By that time, the energy diving south from Western Canada should have far better sampling for models. So long as we are trending better in that regard, our hopes remain alive. 

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic