Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 28-29, 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Threat

WxUSAF

Just now, Ji said:
8 minutes ago, stormtracker said:
Movie is over.  Conclusion.  MUCH better than the GFS...no elongated tail (there is still one there, but nowhere near the GFS).  Slight improvement over it's 12z run.  Less tail than 12z

So we gonna snow?

ya.

meet you at DFH in Rehoboth

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ji said:
11 minutes ago, stormtracker said:
Movie is over.  Conclusion.  MUCH better than the GFS...no elongated tail (there is still one there, but nowhere near the GFS).  Slight improvement over it's 12z run.  Less tail than 12z

So we gonna snow?

Eh, It’s the euro…maybe if we can get one of the better models to follow suit

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 2

9 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

So less tail is better?

Only as it relates to weather.

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, AU74 said:

Six whole years? 

In my neighborhoods in the White Oak and Colesville part of Silver Spring, we went from a blizzard in '66 (with drifts of at least 7 feet and endless fun for my 7-year-old self) until '79 between what I'd call HECS. Six years is nothing.

Edited to add: Not sure about the gap after the '83 storm, but it may have been another 13 years to '96.

ETA: Unless you count 8" or so then 4" of sleet to pack it down in '93.

Nah you had the storm in 1987...so that was only 4 years or so. But after that there wasn't much until the '93 superstorm--so 6 years there. From that point on we never went more than 6-7 years without a 2-footer, and not more than 3-4 without a 1 footer. So for my generation...yeah it's been a tough stretch. But hey not this year maybe next year with a good niño :lol:

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic