• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential 1/28-1/30 2022 winter storm

Updated ON the ground #Truth..
Temps are crashing? temps have falling 4 degrees too 33F, (RATES WILL overcome) or so it's said..

Dynamic cooling, taking place..
Rain & snow MIX, has switched over too ALL SNOW! woot woot!

Starting to stick on elevated surfaces.. Dusting thus far..

Updated Obs..

33F
Pressure 29.75 in

Visibility 1.9 miles
Clouds Cloudy (Heavy overcast?)
Dew Point 32 F
Humidity 92 %
Rainfall, Snowfall 0.03 in
Snow Depth 0.02 (RAIN) Remains too be seen..

• Like 2

Say what you will, having 3 winter weather events, to some degree, in 20 days is very impressive to me. Some spots in western NC had snow on snow on snow, which is pretty dang rare (I've never experienced it personally before), outside of the higher mountain spots.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, msuwx said:

Say what you will, having 3 winter weather events, to some degree, in 20 days is very impressive to me. Some spots in western NC had snow on snow on snow, which is pretty dang rare (I've never experienced it personally before), outside of the higher mountain spots.

Four events for the Triad, and Northwest NC, beginning January 3

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, msuwx said:

actually had 4 at my location.  1/3, 1/16, 1/21, 1/28.  Of course 2 of those very small/minor

• Like 1

Observations from WNW of Statesville (Scotts community):

started as light rain yesterday evening, at 11pm when I called it a night, we had radar indicated precip but nothing was making it to the surface. Temp was right at freezing. 

Woke up this morning (7am) to a lot of nothing. Temp 27 °F, wind starting to pick up, clear skies. Only thing I could find was some ice frozen on the car.

6 hours ago, SouthCentralWake said:

Yeah @PantherJustinyou were right. This was a bust for us around the CLT area. Go ahead and give me the stuff I deserve. I’m just a optimistic so I was a weenie. Let’s keep it civil though since I’m a State fan :rolleyes: let’s beat UNC tomorrow. 

I’m only a couple miles from CLT and woke up to snow covered ground. Can’t call a bust before the modeled snow even arrives. B)

01A91DA5-BB31-4E67-8BF9-746EA8C8DC20.jpeg

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, msuwx said:

This! I’m shocked we still have like a 3” snowpack in the backyard for 2 weeks now. Been a long time since I’ve seen that around this area. 

• Like 2

• jburns unpinned this topic