• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential 1/28-1/30 2022 winter storm

9 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

35 and pouring rain…. This one’s over here in CLT metro Back edge Screaming East

Wrong. All the short range models including the HRRR leading up to now always showed it starting later and it was always gonna start as rain. I’m not saying CLT will get a lot but it’s definitely not over. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SouthCentralWake said:

Wrong. All the short range models including the HRRR leading up to now always showed it starting later and it was always gonna start as rain. 

HRRR also showed an unrealistic scenario of everyone dropping from Mid40s- 30 with light rates….Not once since yesterday has anyone been modeled more than .2 QPF in CLT metro and that’s on the over juiced Weenie Hrrr …. Not crying just saying like @wncsnow said earlier I saw this coming all day …. Light QPF does not cool fast enough it simply can’t 

1 minute ago, PantherJustin said:

HRRR also showed an unrealistic scenario of everyone dropping from Mid40s- 30 with light rates….Not once since yesterday has anyone been modeled more than .2 QPF in CLT metro and that’s on the over juiced Weenie Hrrr …. Not crying just saying like @wncsnow said earlier I saw this coming all day …. Light QPF does not cool fast enough it simply can’t 

Most models had us getting a very quick changeover up here in the foothills yet it rained .10 here too before ending as a few flurries. Cold just doesn't make it over the mountains well. We need CAD. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wncsnow said:

Most models had us getting a very quick changeover up here in the foothills yet it rained .10 here too before ending as a few flurries. Cold just doesn't make it over the mountains well. We need CAD. 

Silly forum…. models are for Weenies NC Winter Rule #1…..Cold Chasing QPF = LOSS 99/100

22 minutes ago, landof2rivers said:

Lol nothing here but rain next to the Dan off of 14 as you come into Eden from the south. My unscientific thermometer says 37.

I'm right at 700ft above sea level compared to 500ft along the river, so maybe the extra elevation helps at my location. Starting to see some slushy accumulation in the grass and on top of elevated surfaces now. Temp has dropped to 32.3.

• jburns unpinned this topic