• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential 1/28-1/30 2022 winter storm

4 minutes ago, HKY_WX said:

Being from Hickory I always wondered what went on at meat camp. Then I drove through one time and realized absolutely nothing goes on at meat camp.

Hey now, they have a dollar general now, it's on the up and up.

HRRR trying to increase snow around Union county, NC to the East just slightly. Honestly, if if there's half an inch of accumulation I'd be ecstatic with this storm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

Seriously though? Roxboro, Or like Eden or Elkin/Mt Airy which one would you put money on nearly any setup? 

Roxboro gets a lot of run because it’s close to WRAL. I’d definitely take either Eden or Mt. Airy. 

Outside of the mountains, I’d put a chip on Yanceyville or Eden for any setup - CAD, coastal, ULL, front passage, you name it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RockyKnob said:

Roxboro gets a lot of run because it’s close to WRAL. I’d definitely take either Eden or Mt. Airy. 

Outside of the mountains, I’d put a chip on Yanceyville or Eden for any setup - CAD, coastal, ULL, front passage, you name it. 

Reidsville/Mt. Airy/Eden cash all the time.  All.  The.  Time.

2 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Mt. airy can be more susceptible to downsloping but will also rake in when its a big miller A and Roxboro is mixing. 

The only time recently I remember being in the perfect spot was December 2018.  RDU folks all the way to Hillsborough were dealing with pinger-maggedon and we were JUST on the high side of the 850 line.  It snowed all day, nary a pellet but we were right there under the most intense .QPF

• Like 1

I think the perception about Greensboro is drive by the fact that we do tend to cash in to some degree on most events effecting this board and tend to do well when Raleigh flips to rain. However, a lot of times, we end up stuck on the fringes, whether it's southern VA that gets the jackpot, or Fayetville. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

Is there a massive eye roll emoji? I hope it catches a random Headwind and blast the 7 ppl that live in Halifax Novia Scotia and Boston gets a token dusting 

E5BD01E5-4486-45F0-98C7-15C8A1D43E13.jpeg

Sounds like a jolly good time to go for a stroll in an automobile.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, RockyKnob said:

Per capita, I want to throw Roanoke Rapids in the mix. They may not get as many nickel and dimes as the foothills locations, but buddy — they can get monsters

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

Seriously though? Roxboro, Or like Eden or Elkin/Mt Airy which one would you put money on nearly any setup? 

Roxboro. I cannot tell you dating back to my childhood all the times I’ve seen snow falling on that cam WRAL shows there while it was raining or cloudy at home

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StantonParkHoya said:

Per capita, I want to throw Roanoke Rapids in the mix. They may not get as many nickel and dimes as the foothills locations, but buddy — they can get monsters

As a lifetime foothills resident, we rarely get nickel and dimes lol. Downsloping kills almost any single opportunity that’s not a Miller A. We can score on Miller B’s but even then, the dreaded dry slot can show up. 

edit: there’s also another non-talked about foothills “pain” element. We watch areas 10 miles (or less) to our west score on 10+ snowfall events a year with NWF

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LakeNormanStormin said:

Still think we could wind up with up to two inches in the Lake Norman area. That deformation band is gonna unload on the corridor for at least 2 hours before it moves east of us.

Hope so …. I mean it is 46 degrees though over here in Curtis pond …. Quick someone say something about current soul temps so it feels like a real Rain to snow setup :P

• Haha 1

• jburns unpinned this topic