• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential 1/28-1/30 2022 winter storm

Driving back to NC from western KY on Sunday. Was already going to take the southern route (I-40) to avoid WV mountains but there seems to be a lot to fall in the Pisgah Gap. Worth going through Chattanooga and into Georgia and then I-85 to avoid or should Sunday be OK?

You’ll be fine, major interstates 24-36 hours after a small snow like this are always in great shape.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sandstorm94 said:

Might get a slightly earlier phase...

Sent from my SM-S115DL using Tapatalk

Something that was discussed at one of the mid-atlantic NWS offices this morning. Can't remember if it was AKQ or further north but they mentioned the dynamics playing to an earlier phase.

3 minutes ago, Sandstorm94 said:

Might get a slightly earlier phase...

Sent from my SM-S115DL using Tapatalk

It looks like it’s trying to phase in that pink area back towards Ark/LA …. If you look at the current surface, yet again 12Z NAM did not initiate correctly, it shows flatter heights than what’s actually there

5 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

You literally are on the absolute edge of the main event in Moyock. Literally could be 0 or 6” tonight. Hoping you cash in on some banding with the coastal 

Thanks! I was thinking about those accums too, really is a roll of the dice this time. I am hoping surface temps drop a little faster than what the some of the models are hinting at otherwise I will be having a good time watching it convert to water on the ground. I'll take some good banding though, will put a little more on the ground regardless.

• jburns unpinned this topic