• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential 1/28-1/30 2022 winter storm

Gale & (Possible) WSW here on the coast here shortly..

First cup O' Joe this morning..

Looked @ the Radar..

Showed freezing precip over  my head..

Went out & looked..

Sure enough It's Virga falling, from over head.

Through the (semi) broken clouds..

You could see, (Jet contrails/Cirrus clouds) are FLYING.. @ (30K?) feet West too about due North east?

Current temps are @ 32F

Winds North at 5mph..

A bit surprised with the area-wide WWA this seems more fitting for a SWS especially being it’s going to be coming at night on a weekend with temps mostly above freezing. I do not see a large area getting 1-2” as shown unless I’m missing something. This looks like scattered areas of accumulation and flizzards for everyone else

2 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

If you like snow in central NC you’re down to the HRRR and RGEM for anything more than flurries but they’re both decent runs so I guess that’s what NWS is hanging their hat on 

They do look the best for our area, but the models are still all over the place with who will see the most from this in NC and exactly how much. 

One thing to watch this evening is as the upper low begins to form and take shape off of the NC coastline is a nice deformation axis likely 100 -150nm to the west of the 850mb low. This is where there could be some banding/enhancement. If this were to occur a bit earlier or more dramatically than forecasted (aka phasing), obviously that would impact totals in a positive way (most likely area that would benefit is eastern NC and SE VA)... Something to keep in mind. Otherwise I will go with the below:

HKY:T-1 inches

CLT: 1-2 inches

GSO: 1-3 inches

RDU: 1-2 inches

ORF: 2-4 inches

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, HKY_WX said:

One thing to watch this evening is as the upper low begins to form and take shape off of the NC coastline there will be a nice deformation axis likely 100 -150nm to the west of the 850mb low. This is where there could be some banding/enhancement. If this were to occur a bit earlier or more dramatically than forecasted (aka phasing), obviously that would impact totals in a positive way. Something to keep in mind. Otherwise I will go with the below:

HKY:T-1 inches

CLT: 1-2 inches

GSO: 1-3 inches

RDU: 1-2 inches

ORF: 2-4 inches

Yes, I fully expect somewhere in NC to overperform with this.  Selfishing, I am hoping I77 corridor but Raleigh is not out of the game either.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BigWeather said:

Driving back to NC from western KY on Sunday. Was already going to take the southern route (I-40) to avoid WV mountains but there seems to be a lot to fall in the Pisgah Gap. Worth going through Chattanooga and into Georgia and then I-85 to avoid or should Sunday be OK?

Man, what does that add like 4 hours to your trip?

1 hour ago, Brick Tamland said:

If we get anything here I hope it's at least a couple of inches. I coach my son's basketball team, and we have a game tomorrow. I don't want it to get canceled for nothing. 

Well then let’s call a timeout and put the full court press on this thing coach. Break your clipboard throw a chair like Bobby Knight , something we need a spark 

• Haha 1

• jburns unpinned this topic