• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential 1/28-1/30 2022 winter storm

9 minutes ago, WXNewton said:

The FV3 is laying the smack down with that band over Catawba, Lincoln, and Gaston Counties.

Screenshot_20220127-211453.png

Ik it will be narrow… but even as I stated earlier I think Mods are definitely underplaying the size of that band…. Bc they’re already undergoing the Bands that are currently on radar…. They don’t even have them smh

WSW extended south into Hampton Roads and Currituck, NC. Blizzard warning for Northampton Co. VA, just north of Hampton Roads. Guess AKQ is biting on the slightly higher totals/rates of the higher res models. Discussion not out yet to see which model was verified. Too early for me to dig into it lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PantherJustin said:

Ik it will be narrow… but even as I stated earlier I think Mods are definitely underplaying the size of that band…. Bc they’re already undergoing the Bands that are currently on radar…. They don’t even have them smh

I’m in western Iredell, close enough, I’ll take it!

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Waking up to Winter Weather Advisories across the NC piedmont.  Generally 1-2 inches.  Modeled snowfall output has grown rather anemic, though, overall.  I would love to get a whole inch of snow tonight.  Anything greater than that would seem a nice bonus at this point.

GSP has me 1-2” tonight…
Looking forward to seeing how this sets up.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

Waking up to Winter Weather Advisories across the NC piedmont.  Generally 1-2 inches.  Modeled snowfall output has grown rather anemic, though, overall.  I would love to get a whole inch of snow tonight.  Anything greater than that would seem a nice bonus at this point.

17 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

GSP has me 1-2” tonight…
Looking forward to seeing how this sets up.

Yeah I live here in Valdese(Burke) and my point and click says 1-2 inches for tonight. Odd Catawba is under a WWA but I'm not and there expecting totals of the same amount for both counties?

Also @strongwxncyour forecast is the same also as ours. Wonder if they will upgrade our counties a little later today? Since it don't really start to after 5:00pm?

• Like 1

Yeah I live here in Valdese(Burke) and my point and click says 1-2 inches for tonight. Odd Catawba is under a WWA but I'm not and there expecting totals of the same amount for both counties?
Also [mention=501]strongwxnc[/mention]your forecast is the same also as ours. Wonder if they will upgrade our counties a little later today? Since it don't really start to after 5:00pm?

It’ll be a gametime decision.

I think they are accounting for the lee-side minimum in these WWAs.  The centers of Caldwell, Burke, McDowell, etc. appear to have the least likely chances to meet WWA criteria, so they decided not to issue them.  I would feel better about my own chances if I were on the eastern side of Catawba County.  I think the NW corner, where I am, has the least likely chance of getting accumulating snowfall in this setup.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

Granted it doesn’t have our death band for tonight …. But GFS sniffed another one pretty well day 8-10

AC9ACE5F-5C88-4733-B974-AE1E3E28DCCA.jpeg

NWS has our window of snowfall from 12am to 7am with point and click graph having us above freezing until 6am lol. Explains why our expected accumulation dropped last night. Most likely a product of the low closer to the coast. Will be interesting to see how these other sniffs play out.

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic