• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential 1/28-1/30 2022 winter storm

Ugh.  Such a difference in possible outcomes here in the lee.  12K NAM and RGEM show nothing just to the east of the foothills.  ICON, FV3, 3KNAM, and earlier runs of the GFS show a little precip maximum there.  So, could get completely blanked here in Hickory or could get a couple of decent inches.  Like always, never really know until it’s “Go time”.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

Ugh.  Such a difference in possible outcomes here in the lee.  12K NAM and RGEM show nothing just to the east of the foothills.  ICON, FV3, 3KNAM, and earlier runs of the GFS show a little precip maximum there.  So, could get completely blanked here in Hickory or could get a couple of decent inches.  Like always, never really know until it’s “Go time”.

Feeling your pain here also. Either of our locales could be just dusted or a nice little maxima. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

I am right here with you! You know from being in this area if we get a meso low to form just under the mountains into the upstate we will be in business. The models have a very hard time depicting that small scale feature and if it happens it can wreck a forecast in a heartbeat. I remember the Jan storm of 2003 and watching Eric Thomas break in with upgraded winter storm warnings and upping our advisory totals from 2-3" to 6-10". Also remember the old weather channel radar just pivot on top of the foothills and piedmont and basically snow all night. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Yea the GFS is a dumpster fire run

5 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

The GFS is ugly... don't even look at it.

Tell you what if it scores a coup here I would be beyond myself. Vastly different look compared to all other guidance. Hell even the damn JMA is tucked AF. So you got Nam/RGEM/JMA (euro to an extent from 18z) vs the GFS with Canadian about to run. 

And yes I completely realize I just put the Nam RGEM and JMA all in one group :D

• jburns unpinned this topic