• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential 1/28-1/30 2022 winter storm

6 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

This has to be fairly high ratio powder, no? Not often you see a sounding that cold above the surface for the upstate. Not sure the column is saturated high enough to get really good ratio stuff though... probably will be if there's at least moderate intensity bands under the backside band... could be a beautiful inch.

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 4.05.46 PM.png

Only issue going to be, drum roll, surface temps. High ratio fluff gets nuked when the surface is at or just above freezing in my experience 

This is a really odd setup where it seems like the weaker scenario's for whatever reason enhance the lee side trough. Main low is way further OTS but the lee side trough is more pronounced and as a result the hi-res models are more aggressive with that lee-side band sweeping through Upstate SC and NC piedmont.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, eyewall said:

$297 on Kayak.com for direct JetBlue to BOS from RDU in case anyone was wondering.

I remember being up in Snowshoe, WV  for the Jan 2016 blizzard when they got three feet of snow. The first foot was great...it was after the  second that it started getting ridiculous. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sarcean said:

I remember being up in Snowshoe, WV  for the Jan 2016 blizzard when they got three feet of snow. The first foot was great...it was after the  second that it started getting ridiculous. 

Yeah I loved every minute of the one 30 inch event I witnessed in Vermont. It is nuts.
No photo description available.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, sarcean said:

Best i've done was 20+ inches in that 2000 storm.  I remember how awesome it looked and how cool it was falling down.  But actually playing in it was a chore...especially for a kid who could barely walk around in it.  

• jburns unpinned this topic