• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential 1/28-1/30 2022 winter storm

1 minute ago, HKY_WX said:

Euro continues to trend the ridge out west stronger. This is what's allowing the PJ to dig/dive a bit further southwest and capture some of the southern energy. Interesting trend to watch.

ECTrend.gif

Not sure I follow.  Is this more towards the NAM or a solution further east and a later phase.

Crazy totals up north. Kind of neat set up with the way to energy phases. Doubtful the PJ will be able to dig far enough SW, but that is what would be required to bring snowfall west.

13 minutes ago, HKY_WX said:

Euro continues to trend the ridge out west stronger. This is what's allowing the PJ to dig/dive a bit further southwest and capture some of the southern energy. Interesting trend to watch.

5 minutes ago, eyewall said:

The Euro ensemble mean should make the NYC folks feel better. As for NC, well not so much:
1643889600-Sp6wen5MO08.png

Something is something. Will be most interesting to see if a few of these shift back just a tad tomorrow. Seems to be the way it goes.

30 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

I have no clue lol I was hoping Hickory did 

He's just comparing the Water Vapor Satellite with the NAM's 500mb chart. You can sometimes spot where the models are off. I've often noticed in the winter (specifically +PNA patterns) they tend to be bad at positioning northern stream impulses coming out of the northern territories of Canada. If anyone remembers the Christmas 2010 storm, they totally blew the northern stream shortwave which is why that trended towards a major storm literally the night before. Not saying that's the case here as the models have made huge strides since then. He also has a dog in the fight so take satellite hallucinations with a grain of salt.

• Like 2

• jburns unpinned this topic