• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential 1/28-1/30 2022 winter storm

Granted the NAM has been fairly consistent for what--4 runs in a row now? 

Still, this just makes me want to see the 12z LR model runs.  The diversity in solutions will most assuredly need to start consolidating soon.  We have all the RAOBs ingested now right?

1 minute ago, CaryWx said:

Granted the NAM has been fairly consistent for what--4 runs in a row now? 

Still, this just makes me want to see the 12z LR model runs.  The diversity in solutions will most assuredly need to start consolidating soon.  We have all the RAOBs ingested now right?

I believe so. This 12z GFS will be the big one in terms of where we are going with this I think.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, eyewall said:

I believe so. This 12z GFS will be the big one in terms of where we are going with this I think.

If you think we’re freaking out down here have you looked up North EURO destroys NNJ/NY GFS barely anything. I mean something’s gotta give at some point from SC to Maine all included

Very similar solution playing out for NC as last weekend. Will need to milk everything we can get out of that upper level jet passing NW of the main LP bc it’s trending for us to be outside the main precip field. QPF looks very similar to Friday but temps are warmer and much warmer to start. If I was making a call map, from Charlotte to Greensboro-east I’d take what you got on Friday and divide it by 3. I think eastern NC is the only exception but there will be a much more drastic cutoff since this is a much stronger low and will have more influence on these areas. I think a large chunk of the state gets 1” with isolated 2” amounts and a sharp gradient to a 6-8”+ zone wherever that developing comma head sets up and banding is established. Probably another storm where almost everyone sees some snow in NC 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NorthHillsWx said:

For what it’s worth, the 3k NAM is a very good look on its last frame. That’s going to end well for a lot of folks if you extrapolate that forward 

Yup, great low location off the coast of Florida. If that phases early enough and rides up the coast there will be alot of happy people.

It is looking like a brief deform band event as the low begins to crank and pulls away. DC weenies won't like this one very much. Looks like a nice hit in SE Mass. It is a shame we can't pull a big one from this but it's better than nothing I suppose.

3 minutes ago, eyewall said:

It still looks like it may be better than the previous couple of runs but yeah it is weaker with the thumbnail ridge in the west.
1643425200-fwi1ZGeHhyM.png

1643436000-w9fb4mTbfiM.png

(Not you eyewall ) How’s this terrible? It’s not a massive dump…. But not a clear starry night either can we stop crying or rejoicing after every model run ? No I’m not trying to be high n mighty it’s depressing lol but still better than yesterday 

• jburns unpinned this topic