Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential 1/28-1/30 2022 winter storm

Just now, StantonParkHoya said:

We used to make fun at people who rode the 84 hr NAM vs the Euro

Def would like to see the other mods start following suite, however if you think back to the coastal bomb a few weeks ago... The NAM had the amped solution first. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, HKY_WX said:

Def would like to see the other mods start following suite, however if you think back to the coastal bomb a few weeks ago... The NAM had the amped solution first. 

I just need the NAM to still be showing this or better By this Time Tomm night…. Something be consistent either way OTS/Hugging Coast 

2 minutes ago, StantonParkHoya said:

We used to make fun of people who rode the 84 hr NAM vs the Euro

I'm not so wound up in NAM snow totals or where/when it changes over this far out,  but the NAM hopefully can't be too far off on synoptics of the system track, etc. 

• Like 2

Even if this thing trends west... downsloping really a killer for those of us in the foothills of NC/SC/GA.  Gonna need several more ticks west with the upper trough to overcome that.  Need the trough to be further west so the surface low develops further south and west and we can get a more northeasterly surface fetch.  Probably asking too much, but it is what it is. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, AirNelson39 said:

Huh? It’s 3 days out. A better statement would have been it’s the 84 hour NAM on an island, no need to be excited yet. The name put out some ridiculous maps from last storm at 84 hours too. Not sold.

yeah, and 3 days out on the last storm the models were showing nothing.  Like i said, its way too far out for ME to get excited, but it is exciting to follow.

4 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

NAM was on its way to being a 6-12" widespread storm, with foot plus totals in NE NC, SE VA

Yeah the NAM is pretty ideal for eastern NC. I could throw out some analogs to those 500mb maps, but theres no point in jizzing yourself unless we see some additional model support.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

• jburns unpinned this topic