PVD 26.5

BOS 30.2

PWM 27.5

CON 25.5

ORH 34.5

HYA 22.5

ALB 3.5

POU 7.0

no way LGA gets more than JFK unless there's a measuring mistake or error  EWR -8 NYC -10  LGA -12 JFK -15 similar to December 2009

• Thanks 1

06z GFS takes a track past Cape Cod and hooks back into western Gulf of Maine. I noted a possible 50-100 mile eastward initialization error (shows as 70.5W but more likely 71.5W) which I think could translate into additional deepening on what is already quite an impressive 18-hour deepening cycle (to 970 mbs as shown). Factoring that in I would expect very slow eastward drift of the banding and heavy snow axes now setting up, and possibly back into that earlier "superstorm" sort of evolution which might up snowfall potential especially for LI and CT, and also wind speed potential later today. 

The eastward trend is real.

Frankly, Im tired of the narratives and the spin.

This is a MAJOR eastern LI storm which is fringing the city.

As modeled!

As modeled!

As modeled!

And for the next storm if any of you dismiss the Eastward trend that has been with us all season, you should be mocked as much as you laugh at that snowman guy :)

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 4

Just now, the_other_guy said:

As modeled!

As modeled!

As modeled!

And for the next storm if any of you dismiss the Eastward trend that has been with us all season, you should be mocked as much as you laugh at that snowman guy :)

Yeah, no. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

As modeled!

As modeled!

As modeled!

As modeled when ? Are we talking 4 days ago or 3 days ago or 2 days ago ? or as modeled yesterday ? I mean just 24 hours ago as modeled meant one thing in the morning and something else in the later hours and it meant something else depending if you looked at the models 24 or then 48 hours earlier. The GFS had this Storm East and even yesterday ( less than 24 hours before game time the GFS swung closer to the Euro and the Nam and the others only to swing back the other way later in the day. IMO,,,As modeled does not hold as much weight as advertised by you or anyone else

• Like 1

What I said above was when you guys clung onto epic hits and the GFS was East, it was dismissed as an outlier.

Several of us pointed out that you shouldn’t dismiss it given seasonal trends.

It caught on very early that this was going to be an East storm.

And it was dismissed.

And when all is said and done, this is a heavily eastern storm. So it was onto something early on and dismissed as an outlier…but there was some truth in its eastern extremes.

Enjoy the snow!

3 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

What I said above was when you guys clung onto epic hits and the GFS was East, it was dismissed as an outlier.

Several of us pointed out that you shouldn’t dismiss it given seasonal trends.

It caught on very early that this was going to be an East storm.

And it was dismissed.

And when all is said and done, this is a heavily eastern storm. So it was onto something early on and dismissed as an outlier…but there was some truth in its eastern extremes.

Enjoy the snow!

It was worse than anything other than the most extreme NAM solutions. Giving it any more credence than that is attempting to rewrite history for the sake of having an argument. Time to go shovel the flurries the gfs gave me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

As modeled!

As modeled!

As modeled!

6-12 is fringed ? Smh

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

I had more in an hour overnight than 4 consecutive runs of the gfs had for me total. 

Gfs gets an F.  Euro gets a C.    NAM forgot to take the test and is sitting at home picking it's nose.  Rgem cut class to smoke some weed.   

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

Isn’t it amusing that it’s the same thing year after year? Some people chase models as if they’re gospel, when they’re just a bow in the quiver of knowledge we have.

Anyway, I have no idea what I’m talking about, but all of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.