Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

THIS was issued for my area in Rockland County 40 minutes ago = 

NEW CITY, NY  
Weather Forecast

ISSUED 909 PM EST Fri Jan 28 2022
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST SATURDAY...
TONIGHT
Snow. Snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Lows around 14. North winds around 10 mph, increasing to 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph after midnight. Chance of snow 90 percent. Wind chill values as low as 1 below after midnight.
SATURDAY
Snow. Total snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches. Blustery, cold with highs in the lower 20s. North winds 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent. Wind chill values as low as 5 below.
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rmine1 said:

Where are all the naysayers?

Right here. For the 1000th time the Kuchera amounts aren’t happening. Those seem to assume like 16-1 ratios and that won’t happen in the strong winds we have in the meat of the storm and especially tomorrow. 12-1 sure so you can increase the 10-1 map somewhat but not too much. It would still be a great event though regardless. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jm1220 said:

Right here. For the 1000th time the Kuchera amounts aren’t happening. Those seem to assume like 16-1 ratios and that won’t happen in the strong winds we have in the meat of the storm and especially tomorrow. 12-1 sure so you can increase the 10-1 map somewhat but not too much. It would still be a great event though regardless. 

I don’t think NWS is using Kuchera amounts…

• Like 1

Just now, Metasequoia said:

I think it's a couple hours earlier than the NWS forecasted. Others feel free to correct me. 

Can he pilot about 1000 military planes to about 200 miles east of Charleston and dump about a billion ice cubes in the water so the convection would stop there? Please and thanks. 

In all seriousness it’s nowcast time and we just have to see how it evolves. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

Dave Curran on News 12 insists this the dry air will win out west of 95

Some forecasters want to reassure the public that there won't be much snow in their area and they will grasp at that; I've seen it over the years. But he could be right. it happens a lot. The snow I'm seeing here is piddly.