• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

It might be time for me to use one of our remaining timeouts so that you guys can regroup because they way that people live and die with each model run is amazing. The players are still on the field and nothing says that this won't actually be more west than models are depicting. Could it be that the double barrel look is just that, a look and that possibly models ARE HAVING DIFFICULTY with the setup and that the lows do merge  ? I think that is still on the table and IF it does the location will be key - East or West or meet in the middle ?  The players are on the field and we are not far away from a nice solution for many of us even peeps like me to the North n West. 

• Like 4

Nam looked a little more organized through hour 18 before eventually succumbing to the double barrel look which tugged the best snows east. Would like to see if other models especially the mesoscale models start to delay the double barrel look or eliminate it. 

2 minutes ago, Jt17 said:

Nam looked a little more organized through hour 18 before eventually succumbing to the double barrel look which tugged the best snows east. Would like to see if other models especially the mesoscale models start to delay the double barrel look or eliminate it. 

Been happening all morning.  Have to take it seriously I think. Hopefully it just consolidates to the western low

I like 6-10 for the city, quickly dropping off west and especially in NW NJ. Westchester I like 6-10 and towards the 10 south and east. Fairfield County 8-14, more towards Bridgeport, and then that is where we pick up more. NW CT I think is in the 4-10 range. One thing is for certain, this storm is a pain in the a to the double s. I do not like this one bit. 

Just now, NJwx85 said:

We would have wanted that concentrated area of purple contours right up near the coast to see big snow. We get some decent lift near the city for a few hours but then eventually it moves NE with the low.

Starting to think they should drop the warnings NW of the city.

nam3km_temp_adv_fgen_700_neus_23.png

I would not be surprised to see 2-4 inches total, especially west of 287. There is going to be subsidence that I think the models are still underdoing. The new 3K NAM is now showing a minimal snowfall NW of the city

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

Just now, MJO812 said:

First glance the Nam looked like it was going to track the heavy precip right up the coast but the ocean low pulled the low towards it. That is the frustrating part.

Yep. Been happening all morning, gotta hope it stays with the western low. Or its gonna be mediocre.  Takes all the heavy banding an shoving east

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Franklin0529 said:

Been happening all morning.  Have to take it seriously I think. Hopefully it just consolidates to the western low

I know but it actually got rid of the double low for longer this run than last. Up to hour 18 there was an inch more snow as a result even though the "west" low (and the only low at this point) was centered slightly east to previous runs.