• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

I've seen this play out many times in my experience on the eve of big storms. The Nam has that one bonkers run that you cut the totals in half to get a true depiction and will correct itself by 12z while the rgem and GFS are too conservative and will usually correct itself upwards by 12z.

As usual, blend them all and I think a good forecast is 4-8+ well north and west, 8-12+ for NYC and immediate burbs, 12-18+ for Nassau, 18+ for Suffolk.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kat5hurricane said:

I've seen this play put many times in my experience on the eve of big storms. The Nam has that one bonkers run that you cut the totals in half to get a true depiction and will correct itself by 12z while the rgem and GFS are too conservative and will usually correct itself upwards by 12z.

As usual, blend them all and I think a good forecast is 4-8+ well north and west, 8-12+ for NYC and immediate burbs, 12-18+ for Nassau, 18+ for Suffolk.

Agree 

Banding in these storms usually end up further northwest than modeled. Have to watch out for that.

Just now, MJO812 said:

The inch of precip line on the Euro is now touching NYC. 

image.thumb.png.50c6b23ed6ad86cf61a039fdb967eefa.png

this snow map now looks like the 12z NAM run that got everybody excited. In fact I believe it's slightly more. Nam reduced the double low look on 6z and we got the jackpot over NYC... hopefully the Euro keeps correcting towards the NAM from here on out. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jt17 said:

image.thumb.png.50c6b23ed6ad86cf61a039fdb967eefa.png

this snow map now looks like the 12z NAM run that got everybody excited. In fact I believe it's slightly more. Nam reduced the double low look on 6z and we got the jackpot over NYC... hopefully the Euro keeps correcting towards the NAM from here on out. 

Euro still has an elongated low. If that's wrong then these totals will go up.

• Like 2