joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

11 minutes ago, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

46” over my house… I’ll never see a more beautiful model run in my life 

51E35C29-A98F-452E-AE16-C7F7CDD8842C.jpeg

Snowman19 isn't just going to take a vacation from the forum if this verified, he'll likely leave the country for the rest of the winter lol.

The only time I've seen a map like this was for the Blizzard of 1888, except the 40 plus inch totals were then up in CT and upstate NY

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

The only time I've seen a map like this was for the Blizzard of 1888, except the 40 plus inch totals were then up in CT and upstate NY

I'm not sure any of the models were running 4DVAR  back in 1888 but I could see the 00z suite back then showing 40inch totals.. jk jk jk

• Haha 1

Just now, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

I can't take this serious yet, at lest not the Kuchera totals of the 6Z NAM but wow, the changes on every model tonight are unreal. NYC overtook Boston on this run and I get over 20 inches in the HV.

Can't wait until I wake up and can tell people on the weather forums about the dream I had.

6Z Nam Jan 28 2022 Kuchera.jpg

So basically the reverse of 2004 lol

1 hour ago, Yaz said:

Near 70 mph gusts Jersey coast

27992933-DA0C-4ABC-8FA3-1B78C22675D3.png

Blizzard Warning
Issued: January 28 at 3:23AM EST
Expiring: January 29 at 7:00PM EST
Urgency: Expected
Areas affected:Atlantic; Atlantic Coastal Cape May; Cape May; Coastal Atlantic; Coastal Ocean; Eastern Monmouth; Ocean; Southeastern Burlington; Western Monmouth
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Yeah the NAM being right would be insane but nothing else is as far west or aggressive so it's an outlier. 

Is there really that much of a gap in terms of storm placement between the models?

Remember the NAM led the way with JAN 2016 too, it generally does the best with the biggest storms.

For we in the north and west, impressive moves in the most recent runs, yet the inner weenie screaming inside can’t help but notice the 20” drop off from NYC out to Bridgewater on the NAM. I mean, that’s about 25 miles as the crow flies; highlights the sharp-cut off that has been modeled for days. Oh well you guys East are going to get crushed!!!

I want to see a “mother of god” post; it’s been too long.

….back to containing the weenie thoughts internally. 

• Like 2

Just now, jm1220 said:

6z GFS is about the same as 0z. Tiny differences which are noise to me. 

NAM has to be regarded as an outlier here and off its meds. 

How much of a difference is there?  20 miles?

Also, see JAN 2016, the NAM led the way and has proven to the best model with the biggest storms.  We just have to get within its deadly range.

Just now, Nibor said:

I think we may have hit the western wall.

Maybe. Some time still for minor trends but the NAM is so ridiculously more developed with the 500mb low and how far west it pushes everything that it doesn't seem feasible. I wouldn't trust it until other models get on board. I could see the Euro doing another 25 mile shift or something but not to that. 

• Like 1