Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

51 minutes ago, Joe4alb said:

My father passed away this morning, and he was the inspiration that got me into weather. We used to sit and chat about every storm for hours. This storm is him saying goodbye. :cry:

Good evening Joe. Whenever a flake touches you, your father will be there. The storms in the future will be him saying hello. May you and all of us find peace. As always …

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Lots of us were saying what could happen with a slightly earlier closing off of the low. This could and probably will make shifts but there's nothing to really stop it from coming west at least another 30-40 miles. And it's not a given that it'll trend back east at the last minute. 1/4/18 came west until the very end, I think 12/19/09 trended NW until the end, so did Boxing Day 2010. Sure some do tick back east but it's not a rule. 

there is nothing to keep it from going further west so let's get it as far west as it could possibly go, this is the good thing about no arctic high pressing down to push the storm out

Just now, HeadInTheClouds said:

Yeah but yesterday it was only giving the Canadian Maritimes snow. It's a POS model. 

yea agree - well it essentially folded here. If it gets rid of the double barrel look like the Nam and Euro have essentially done, but keeps that track, it will be an absolute monster for NYC metro

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

Jeez is anyone shocked?

What a shame that after this big upgrade it still sucks royally on pinning down these coastal storms more than 48hrs out. 

Really makes me more confident in my theory that the last month was just a weather pattern which played to the GFS biases rather than the GFS being a better model. 

• Like 7