Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

2 minutes ago, Jt17 said:

These 2 posts came in, right after the other. Posting 10-1 is just as silly as Kuchera. The ratios will be different all over the map and in a storm this cold almost universally better than 10-1. In parts about Kuchera shows, in others slightly better and others slightly worse. And I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure Kuchera accounts for wind diminishing the effects of ratios. Can people stop acting like they know better than the physics and algorithms of these models?

Come on ... some of those amounts on the Kuchera maps you know are not gonna happen.

• Like 1

8-12"? I take. You guys in l.i...man..making up for lost time from back in the normal days where you guys would switch over...haha last 10 years have been nuts for l.i
Quite few SNAIN storms over the last few years...

It can be hard living on the coast in the winter...

But a couple of times we get a bone thrown to us...

Hopefully no tainting here this time in SW Suffolk....

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Just now, larrye said:

Come on ... some of those amounts on the Kuchera maps you know are not gonna happen.

It's hard to say - this is a very cold storm. We're used to mixing at the coast, etc. with our big storms. That ain't it this time.

18 minutes ago, Byrdhousebv said:

A “Snowstorm/Sleep Warning”, is now in effect from 10:00PM EST, Thursday, 1-27-22, to 10:00AM Sunday, 10:00AM,1-30-22. Those impacted include all snow weenie followers of New York City Sub forum, American Weather.

Conditions: Model data presentations will create severe to extreme psychophysical responses to all in the affected subset. Mood swings and general sleep deprivation will be widespread. Those in the warning area are advised to take immediate steps to plan for the subject period. This includes scheduling specific time to achieve needed sleep, and logistic planning to assure adequate supplies of adult beverages and comfort food for the duration of the event.

Take head and plan appropriate action!

That's a keeper, and going out to my mailing list!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Joe4alb said:

My father passed away this morning, and he was the inspiration that got me into weather. We used to sit and chat about every storm for hours. This storm is him saying goodbye. :cry:

My condolences to you and your family. My dad passed away in December 2015 and a month later we got the blizzard of 2016 so I know the feeling

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jt17 said:

These 2 posts came in, right after the other. Posting 10-1 is just as silly as Kuchera. The ratios will be different all over the map and in a storm this cold almost universally better than 10-1. In parts about Kuchera shows, in others slightly better and others slightly worse. And I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure Kuchera accounts for wind diminishing the effects of ratios. Can people stop acting like they know better than the physics and algorithms of these models?

I think areas away from the coast will have good ratios.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Joe4alb said:

My father passed away this morning, and he was the inspiration that got me into weather. We used to sit and chat about every storm for hours. This storm is him saying goodbye. :cry:

Sorry for your loss 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Joe4alb said:

I’m so sorry for your loss. Hopefully this upcoming storm can be something of a consolation for you. Here’s to your dad!! 

• Like 4