joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

2 minutes ago, Rmine1 said:

Kudos to USCG, and thank you for the education 

3 minutes ago, dseagull said:

Spot on with your thought on the earlier H5 depictions, if this were to verify.  Thanks for your explanation this afternoon.  

God knows I have eaten enough crow in my lifetime :lol::lol:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Rjay said:

The wind is part of the reason why posting kuchera is silly here. 

Yeah the Kuchera ratio map is showing about 10 inches more for Long Island than the 10:1 map. 3 feet instead of 2 feet. Obviously Kuchera is not taking into account that the wind would mess up the ratios. Although I think it would still be slightly better than 10:1.

12 hours ago, jdj5211 said:

This is going to be a bit of a nowcast event like many of our big storms. Small shifts bring big differences. How many storms have we seen shift to monsters or nothing within 24 hours?!
I still feel this is going to be a tucked in crawling if not stalling low that brings a widespread 12-24 to the entire sub forum. These models are chasing the rising motion under the eastern intense vorticity and causing this “eastward” thought, when in reality it’s not the case.  In my opinion. GAME ON! 

I'll leave this here....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe4alb said:

My father passed away this morning, and he was the inspiration that got me into weather. We used to sit and chat about every storm for hours. This storm is him saying goodbye. :cry:

Man that sucks. It's tough to lose a parent, especially one you are close to :/

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Nibor said:

14 minutes ago, Rjay said:

The wind is part of the reason why posting kuchera is silly here. 

These 2 posts came in, right after the other. Posting 10-1 is just as silly as Kuchera. The ratios will be different all over the map and in a storm this cold almost universally better than 10-1. In parts about Kuchera shows, in others slightly better and others slightly worse. And I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure Kuchera accounts for wind diminishing the effects of ratios. Can people stop acting like they know better than the physics and algorithms of these models?

4 minutes ago, Joe4alb said:

My father passed away this morning, and he was the inspiration that got me into weather. We used to sit and chat about every storm for hours. This storm is him saying goodbye. :cry:

Im so sorry brother. I lost my dad in September.  I had the honor to plow snow with him for many years until he retired. Getting me choked up because we'd be talking right now and I dont have him...

• Like 3
  • Sad 3