• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

In limited hindsight at this point it was best to go with the Euro last several days because ensemble support was so strong and the model overall was consistent except for rather minor shifts, at least that was my reason for favoring it over the GFS.  Would have been pretty rare for the EURO to do a complete cave with that kind of ensemble support.  One could say the GFS has support from its ensembles, and it did but despite some recent shortcomings with the EURO it is still a superior model in my opinion and the skill scores prove that out.  EURO and CMC are both ahead of the GFS in skill scores.  Granted the OP EURO had some BIG solutions for NJ/NYC and they have been tempered as we get closer to the event but the overall signal from the EURO was far better than the GFS.  That is assuming things remain on track next 48-60 hours.

Just now, Mitchel Volk said:

Overall the last few runs except the GFS has been amazing consistent maybe a shift of a few miles but not much.  So it will be interesting to see if they continue this or start a shift in a direction the next few runs.  The cutoff is so intense, where ISP may see 18” while northern Orange County get very little with the city on the edge.  Any little shift will make a huge difference especially at 500MB for the city.  Right now I’m thinking 6-12”

• Like 3