Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

48 minutes ago, larrye said:

I'll ask you the same question I asked someone else earlier. What good is a favorable H5 if the surface doesn't reflect it? Are you also saying that perhaps the surface features on the next run will better reflect the H5?

Models are tools, not what the eventual outcome of the weather will be.

So if the H5 is gorgeous and the sfc is horrific, I am going to forecast with the H5 in mind and let the sfc play catch up (if it ever does)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobjohnsonforthehall said:

Is that the pause that has been shown in some of the more aggressive modeling in terms of qpf? That group of about 30-40% that seems to remain in place south of Long Island while the rest depart for the coast of Maine?

Yes. Or those the ones not chasing the convection to the east. It stays consolidated into one low not 2

5 minutes ago, Rjay said:

2 main camps on the EPS.  1 is a nyc subforum crusher.  The other is a coastal scraper.  Absolute wild at this lead time. 

I know the KC Buffalo game was mentioned a number of times but that is exactly what's happening down to the wire.

Ball is in GFS court.

4 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Yep, crazy the spread in EPS outcomes this close in. A few horrible GFS like ones there but hopefully it’s just the model trying to get a clue given the dynamic setup. I tend to think we’re okay east of the city and golden for places like the Forks but plenty of watching left. 

I would deft agree I'm in a good place here on the very end.  I'm saying 8-24 inches  Suffolk County.  And that's a very rough/ combining of both gfs/euro. Though not as extreme as the 2-3 feet #s

I wonder if those two camps of lows (south of LI and east of Cape Cod) might represent the same complex low with a western tucked center and an eastern secondary where the triple point is at that time? 

But I guess it's more likely to represent two different tracks for one low (or most of them do, some could be explained by my first idea, or even by different timing scenarios). 

After what happened in 2016 I am very reluctant to say this misses NYC or almost misses.