Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

4 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Yeah if you extrapolate it it does seem that it moved west

Oh yeah for sure. Ukie is another model that tends to hold out till the end on coastals. 

Given the developments that the Euro/EPS indicated at 18z, I would be very surprised if they didn't show a CMC like solution at 0z 

• Like 1

Just now, SnoSki14 said:

Oh yeah for sure. Ukie is another model that tends to hold out till the end on coastals. 

Given the developments that the Euro/EPS indicated at 18z, I would be very surprised if they didn't show a CMC like solution. 

It used to have a consistent east bias with very strong coastal lows or lows sub 985 or so and tended to be very good with anything weaker but it had an upgrade in 2014 and it has been erratic since but still will tend to have a bit of a progressive bias with stronger systems

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlizzLuv said:

I keep getting sucked into checking updates...hoping to see high amounts while not thinking about how it screw my weekend travel plans.

Yes. We root for as many inches/feet as possible,....and then worry about the collateral damage later! GOGOGO 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kat5hurricane said:

It's hard to get on board with this threat with the GFS wanting nothing to do with it. 

The GFS is more than likely to not come around until the last minute. Likewise, this is not the GFS wheel house. 

If it is the GFS alone, you will have several very well respected models vs a global at short range. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

No it's not. GFS is on it's own right now. 

No it's not? I'm confused. I said the GFS wants nothing to do with the threat and you said "No, it's not".

Really odd since every other model trended west tonight but the GFS is a pretty major model that you wanted making favorable trends in order to increase confidence of a big hit and we haven't seen it yet. The Ukie coming way west is big though, could bode well for the Euro run.