Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

March 2017 busted very late in the game as well; the weather service didn't even drop the warning amounts IIRC, because they felt the sleetfest was dangerous and didn't want people to get complacent. But we went from a prediction of 18-24 to about 5 of sleet, and some places less than that.

March 2007? thats when we had 5 inches of sleet

• Sad 1

Just now, Brian5671 said:

from 12-16 inches to nothing in one run

namconus_ref_frzn_neus_48.png

Every time a big threat shows up people give the long range NAM more weight than they should even though every educated poster says time and time again how it cannot be trusted.

In this type of setup you want the NAM beyond 48hrs to show rain for Long Island and Boston in order to feel confident. It's always overamplified and corrects inside day 2.

2 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Every time a big threat shows up people give the long range NAM more weight than they should even though every educated poster says time and time again how it cannot be trusted.

In this type of setup you want the NAM beyond 48hrs to show rain for Long Island and Boston in order to feel confident. It's always overamplified and corrects inside day 2.

agreed but this is one of the wonkiest changes I've ever seen in this model

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

You always talk about traveling, get on the LIRR or drive to eastern LI.  It's not that far away and I think a lot of us should do it to experience a really big snowstorm.  Then we can all rub it in snowman19's face lol.

Who cares whether it snows in the city or not, it looks like dirty toxic stuff in a day or two anyway, let's go east to see the snow where it will actually look pretty.

I actually have driven to Albany for a snowstorm ( a few years ago) that I couldn't deal with missing as we were going to turn to rain (and that's the most painful), and another time I drove to North Conway NH for a Biggie. I got a hotel, and took 2 snowshoe hikes on the trails just off the Kancamagus Highway. I highly recommend it if anyone ever has the chance!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have no clue what to think about these runs. These shifts are really  drastic. 

Mid Atlantic states get more snow than the northeast on this Nam run
The 500's were ugly... soon as I got a whiff of those I knew it was game over...

Not sure what is to come... but every model is now screaming a more progressive trough... even the JMA....

Once you lose the JMA... it makes one wake-up...

Wow... What a turn of events from early this morning...

Hopefully, it gets better....

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

I have no clue what to think about these runs. These shifts are really  drastic. 

Mid Atlantic states get more snow than the northeast on this Nam run

If you take this so seriously it's a horrible hobby. It's just freakin frozen rain which looks white and 5 hours later turns into black and yellow slush and ice puddles.So glad I don't give a crap anymore. I just follow the tracking, that's fun..But the snow?..I can finally live without it. I'm free!

• Like 1
  • Weenie 3