Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

2 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

NYC went from a 17-10 halftime lead to a 24-17 deficit at the end of the 3rd quarter. For eastern LI it's more like going from a 24-10 lead to a tied game at the end of the third quarter. I hope the football analogy is ok. 

the analogy works but football has 3 time outs lets use one here

1 minute ago, HVSnowLover said:

NYC went from a 17-10 halftime lead to a 24-17 deficit at the end of the 3rd quarter. For eastern LI it's more like going from a 24-10 lead to a tied game at the end of the third quarter. I hope the football analogy is ok. 

If the team representing NYC is one of it's 2 NFL teams (in name anyway) then it's definitely over!

• Haha 5

Just now, HVSnowLover said:

Take a timeout...but if you believe in rally caps, now might be a good time to don one.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

its 4th and 14 with the game on the line for NYC rn

2 minutes ago, Franklin0529 said:

Nam looks terrible 

Like I said this morning-it flops around more than a freshly caught fluke. But the trend to leave the energy behind in the SW is real and it'll have to make up for it somewhere else like with a better northern stream. It's a shame but this is still salvageable for most of us.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

All I have to do is look at the number of people browsing here; what a drop off in interest!

I think you or somebody else said this earlier. Then the EURO came out and it was stuffed with people. I guarantee at 4:45 it will be packed in here. 

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Like I said this morning-it flops around more than a freshly caught fluke. But the trend to leave the energy behind in the SW is real and it'll have to make up for it somewhere else like with a better northern stream. It's a shame but this is still salvageable for most of us.

whats causing the energy to be left back?  The opposite should be happening with a faster flow no?

I have  a new motto for our forum:

NO SHORTWAVE GETS LEFT BEHIND

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

Nope.   On this threat (assuming it's truly crapping out) we are seeing changes 2-3 days out-in March 2001 it busted at hour 6-12

March 2017 busted very late in the game as well; the weather service didn't even drop the warning amounts IIRC, because they felt the sleetfest was dangerous and didn't want people to get complacent. But we went from a prediction of 18-24 to about 5 of sleet, and some places less than that.