Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

11 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

The Champ just became one of the Chimps.         The heaviest snowfall area has shifted from Cape May to Eastern LI in two runs.        I have been cut in half from yesterday's  18".      Could be game over.        NWS hardly even mentioned snow and certainly not a blizzard possibility on KWO-35 this morning.        This run makes them look like stars.

1643565600-tRudCWjBICM.png

..still pretty good for us easterners.

The risk with this becoming northern stream dominated is how far offshore the low can escape before it gets captured and hooked north. That’s where you really do have the risk for it becoming another Juno 2015. The best bet for us (outside eastern Suffolk who should get slammed either way) is for the southern stream to still be involved. 

44 minutes ago, KeithB said:

100% agree.

Anyone who says the snow threat is dead and it has no chance is a fool. Does it look good, no. But, if you take the average model guidance, and shift it say 75 to 100 miles west, there would still be a major event. Averaged guidance 84 hours out is off by that amount or more a pretty reasonable % of the time. Maybe 15%? I can't say what the exact % is, but it is nowhere in the vicinity of 0%. We have just recently had a storm that moved that distance west from 84 hour guidance. So it's far from impossible. So to say there is no chance is just people doing their usual pessimistic bs, or this is their first rodeo and do not understand how these storms go/ can go

The way I see it, it's foolhardy to declare it either way at this point.

• Like 3

There certainly has been a trend in storm totals last several runs on the EURO no denying it.

Yes, 500 does not look that bad at all but we don't live at 500 MBS. 

Not giving up entirely but I don't like the trends and except for the 12Z NAM there was not much to sink your teeth into.  Can there be adjustments to something bigger, yes.  My hopes and expectations are not high though.

Expecting EPS probabilites to have come way down when they arrive in a while.

20 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

The Champ just became one of the Chimps.         The heaviest snowfall area has shifted from Cape May to Eastern LI in two runs.        I have been cut in half from yesterday's  18".      Could be game over.        NWS hardly even mentioned snow and certainly not a blizzard possibility on KWO-35 this morning.        This run makes them look like stars.

1643565600-tRudCWjBICM.png

Verbatim it's still a warning level snowfall for NYC but the problem is given where all the rest of the guidance is at I'm expecting it to continue trending east. Lets hope not. 

Pretty painful that just the small change of having the wave eject faster would have locked up this storm as a HECS. As is there is still potential for a large event. I plan to chase as long as we don't see any more substantial shifts and the euro holds. SE LI could could a destination for me 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Franklin0529 said:

There was actually quite a few eps members west of the mean. Couple of ridiculous eastern solutions may have skewed

lol I saw that... I feel like that's part of why there's that double barrel feature in the op. I think it's confused

• Like 1

SNE Mets are pretty insistent that the snow will end up further west than modeled due to the moist inflow and evolution so that might be a weenie to hang your hat on. ;) 

There usually is a weenie band on the western end of these that brings surprise high totals. Who knows how that will happen here but to keep in mind. 

• Like 1