• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

Not what we wanted to see at this range.  I am not sure if there was extra data sampling in the Pacific, but that could mean this shift is real.  I put more stock in this than the NAM.  With all this divergence we aren't there yet in terms of the right solution.  

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

Weird run

Well it keeps going east. So that should tell us something. Not expecting a big storm here over in NJ at this juncture ( at least not in my area ) the question is do we get flurries-3 or get at least a 6-7 of powder out of this? Anything more would be gravy at this point. Again, doesn't seem to be the year for big snows in this neck of the woods. With my limited knowledge, I have a bias against winters with little blocking, though I do understand it isn't always needed.

• Like 1

Weird outcome or not I wouldn’t jump on the Euro/Nam solutions until the GFS shifts west. Just way too risky. I don’t like how it leaves the energy behind out west. We have to make up serious ground from the northern stream because of that and by the time it would happen it would probably be too late and be a benefit for E MA instead. 

It’s not quite put up or shut up time but by tonight we’d be getting to that point. Time for the east models to start shifting west/amped if we really want to bite. 

Just now, Tatamy said:

Huge 100+ mile difference in the new GFS run vs the last run of the Euro.  One these is going to cave hard.

the thing that gives it more credibility is the main energy sources out west are being sampled better because they are closer....

Just now, jm1220 said:

Weird outcome or not I wouldn’t jump on the Euro/Nam solutions until the GFS shifts west. Just way too risky. I don’t like how it leaves the energy behind out west. We have to make up serious ground from the northern stream because of that and by the time it would happen it would probably be too late and be a benefit for E MA instead. 

It’s not quite put up or shut up time but by tonight we’d be getting to that point. Time for the east models to start shifting west/amped if we really want to bite. 

I would like think out on LI you have a little more time with this, for NYC and def anywhere west of NYC need to see solid changes by 0Z tonight if you want a big storm. Honestly I'm almost fine with a powdery 6 inches or so at this point.   

12 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Gfs is holding back more energy. This should be more east.

It's hard to take the Euro seriously here since it has no support except for the Long range Nam.

Agreed, you can’t trust the NAM at 84 hrs. So far, the RGEM went east, the GFS went way east, the ICON didn’t look impressive up to 45hrs when it stopped, the 6z op Euro/EPS moved east. The RGEM moving east makes me think the CMC is about to do the same. If I had to guess, gun to my head, the Euro and EPS go east later

• Like 1