Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The GFS tends to be stubborn on these setups...it sometimes won't cave til the final 36 hours but if its a monster KU type event it may cave earlier

It looks to me actually that the Low is in the spot as the EURO but the precip shield is not as expansive.

7 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

No we didn't

Huge step to the euro 

I'd argue the end result was still a world away. We got a cleaner phase with the southern stream this run, but the Euro's solution actually takes a messy phase in stride - it strings out the southern vortmax and leaves more energy behind. We get the Euro bomb from a more aggressive northern stream and better upstream ridge amplitude.

x3tm5As.png

Ig5XNfF.png

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The GFS tends to be stubborn on these setups...it sometimes won't cave til the final 36 hours but if its a monster KU type event it may cave earlier

It's only like thousands of times we've seen this scenario play out before and H5 always leads the way.  I'd want for surface changes to wait for the 0z run anyway because of its higher skill scores.

In a quick stroll through Twitter, man a lot of forecasters are disregarding the crushjob OP Euro run. I get it, certainly. But a lot acting like it's not a possible outcome (or even in the ballpark of possible). I think NWS Mt Holly telling NJ to expect a 6 inch storm. Seems like many are favoring the GFS here.

Certainly seems like a decent risk for a big part of NJ to get more than 6 inch at this point, but I certainly get the hesitation after 2015 and with a set up like this.